Chapter 112

January 29th, 2001

“It’s like you live to piss me off.” Mariah spat. She sat across from Michael on his private jet, headed to New York. Twizzie were in the back, sleeping, while their parents sat in their chairs having, what Michael considered, a one-sided argument.

“I can’t fucking stand you right now.”

Michael reached down into his briefcase and pulled out his reading glasses.

Mariah locked her fingers together. “Michael!”

Michael, nonchalant, finally spoke. “Stop yellin’ baby-”

“Don’t tell me to stop yellin’! First, you shut me out about everything, then you let those rats stay in our home? And I know you waited to tell me because you knew I was gonna raise hell!”

“...Exactly.” He noted, his eyes affixed to the new book he’d started.

She knocked the book out of his hands. “I'm talking to you!”

He looked at her, then down at the book by his feet. “No need to get violent.”

“I'm not being violent! You're being an asshole!” Mariah shot back.

Michael rolled his eyes. “So you want me to put a cancer patient and his mother on the street?”

“Where were they staying before?” Mariah quipped. “They have somewhere to go, but of course you fall for that bullshit.”

He reached down to pick up his book. “Look, they can't cause that much trouble-”

Mariah folded her arms and looked out of the window.

He reached over to her. “Baby-”

“Don't you start that shit! I don't know why you agreed to let them stay in the first place, let alone when we're not there. Have you lost your fucking mind?” She snapped.

Michael bit his lip. “So what do you want me to do?”

“Soon as the plane lands, tell John to escort them back to wherever the hell they came from!” Mariah demanded.

Michael pinched the bridge of his nose. “Why you always gotta be so negative? Look at the bright side-”

“I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. You're putting way too much trust in these people who you just met.” She shouted. “I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.”

He stared at her with tired eyes. “I'm just saying you could be a little more sympathetic to their situation. At least we got the girls out of Neverland so they won't be talking to their 'friends’.”

She glared. “Well maybe they wouldn't be talking to those ‘friends’ if you didn't hide their big sister from them!”

Her husband groaned. “Here you go again.”

Mariah's eyes bugged out of her head. “Here I- Here I go? Here I go? No, Michael. You need ta address the fact that you hid that from me for ten years. How the fuck can you sit around and act like that doesn't matter? That's fucked up.”

“Is there gonna be a day that goes by when you won’t bring this up-”

Slap.

Mariah stood over Michael as he gripped his jaw in pain. “I'll bring it up if I fucking want to because you're wrong for that shit and you know it!”

She hit him again for good measure, then stormed to the back of the plane with her daughters.

February 10th, 2001