Chapter 106

August 10th, 2000

I need some more of this shit. Mariah thought as she sat on the couch sipping her Pink Moscato.

It was the middle of the day in sunny Los Olivos and the Twizzie were out with their father. Mariah decided it was the perfect time to sneak in her daily glass of wine, and figure out more details on Katherine's connection with Tommy. She started with the Jackson family photo albums.

Let's see...

She flipped through a large photo album that held hundreds of images of the pre-international stardom Jacksons.

Is that Michael? She thought, looking at a polaroid with Janet and Latoya '70 written on the bottom.

They know they wrong for calling him Latoya.

She continued to flip through the photo album, until she landed on a curious picture. It was one with baby Michael in the early 60's. He was standing in the middle of the floor reaching out for Katherine, but Katherine was posing for the picture.

Very telling. She thought.

There was something about the way Michael's eyes expressed emotion that was captured in this photo. His mood was always readily visible through the sparkle of his eyes. And in this picture, in particular, they showed longing--at least to Mariah.

She took a sip of her wine and closed the photo album, going for her Powerbook G3. She figured she may be able to do some research on the web to find some answers.

She logged in to the computer and signed onto her AOL account. She was still getting used to using a computer, so she wasn't that fast at typing. Luckily, for her, Michael switched their package with AOL from dial-up to broadband a few months prior.

Mariah waited patiently for the screen to load.

"Welcome. You've Got Mail." The AI voice notified. Her eyes widened. She clicked on the large mailbox that flashed across the screen, only to be bombarded with mail from a Nigerian Prince who'd been relentlessly pursuing her.

Jesus Christ dude, I'm married! I don't wanna open a joint bank account with you!

She closed out of her email and clicked on the Netscape icon. As she waited for the browser to load, she considered what she should search to get the best information on her husband. She remembered her computer class tutor telling her to avoid typing questions into the search bar, something that made the task of researching her husband all the more difficult.

When it finally loaded, she typed in: http://www.yahoo.com. There, she typed in: Michael Jackson family in the search bar.

She read through a couple of the links before deciding 'Michael Jackson family' wasn't the right search term.

With her cursor hovering over the search bar, she erased her query and typed in: Katherine Jackson bad. That search term produced less results than the first, but she still looked through the links until she found one that looked salacious enough.

Is Katherine Jackson a bad mother? The link read.

Mariah clicked it and it brought her to a new webpage on an unofficial Michael Jackson fan forum.

She downed the rest of her Moscato, prepping herself for what she was about to read.

She read through numerous replies calling the 'OP', original poster, an idiot for asking such a question. Then, she stumbled onto a post that looked to confirm her thoughts about the woman.

i am alone on dis 1 but i agree wit OP. the Jackson fam is a hot azz mess. there's so many secrets in that fam, it's no wonder Mikey ran away. u got Joseph beating the hell outta his wife + kids and lettin the gordys do whatever to dem. dem Jacksons let their kids get walked all ova just 4 a dolla. i will nvr 4get toya doin playboy bcuz she was wit an abusive as !!!!! and kate sat bake n watched it all happen!! only time she said anything is wen she wanted to use mikey up n spit him out!