Chapter 73

October 31st, 1998

“Alright: Mia, Jackie? Let’s go say hi to Michael.” Yolanda said. Yolanda met Michael nearly a year ago while he was out shopping for his then in-utero twins. She was one of the fans outside of the mall who happened to bring along her own twin girls to meet Michael. She ended up hitting it off with him, and he invited she and her daughters over to Neverland for Halloween.

She and the girls approached the train station where Michael and Mariah sat--Mariah dressed as a fairy and Michael as a T-Rex.

“Hey, Yolanda.” Michael called out. He extended a tiny T-Rex arm to the woman. “This is my wife Mariah.”

“Oh my god- I- I don’t know what to say. I’m such a big-”

“Oooh, don’t say that.” Michael advised. “It makes you look like a fan.”

Yolanda burst out laughing.

“It’s nice to meet you, Yolanda.” Mariah said, extending a hand in welcome.

Michael knelt down to Mia and Jackie. “And who are you two supposed to be?”

“Well we’re one big costume.” Yolanda started. “I’m ‘one’.” She glanced down at Mia. “Mia, tell Michael what you are.”

Mia clutched her mother’s leg.

Not right now, sweetie. Don’t make mommy look like a ‘fan’.

“Uh- Well Mia’s ‘O’. And Jackie?”

Jackie reached up her arms toward Michael. “I’m a clock!”

Mariah giggled. “Oh! You’re ‘One O’Clock’! That’s so cute!”

Yolanda cheesed. “It was Mia’s idea.”

Mariah stooped down to Mia’s level. “What’s wrong sweetie? You shy?”

“Oh she is not shy.” Yolanda said.

“This mean old T-Rex scaring you?” Mariah asked.

“How can I scare her when I have baby arms?” Michael asked, jokingly. “Rawrrrr! I’m a dinosaur with baby arms.”

Yolanda chuckled while Mia began to play with Michael’s tiny dino-arms.

“So where are your twins?”

“They’re with Mother.” Michael responded. “She made them homemade costumes and she wanted to reveal them to us.”

Mariah spoke up, peering behind Yolanda’s head. “Speaking of-”

“Slow down Noni!” Katherine yelled in the background. Noelle walked out in front of her while Nicole, seemingly afraid of the ground, preferred to be carried.

Michael gasped. “Mother, they’re adorable!”

Nicole and Noelle were dressed like tiny s’mores with graham cracker and chocolate tops, and marshmallow hats.

“They look delicious.” Mariah noted.

Michael raised an eyebrow as he picked up Noelle, cupping her head. “You’re not eating my baby.”

Yolanda giggled. “They’re so cute! Oh- let me get a good look at them!”

Yolanda jumped out in front of Michael and Katherine to see the twins side by side. “I can’t believe they’re already walking!”

“Barely.” Mariah commented.

Michael rolled his eyes. “Good enough.”

Katherine looked up at Yolanda. “And you are?”