Chapter 75

November 22nd, 1998

Tommy was listening to a new Ricky Martin track when Gina walked into his office.

"Hey Gina."

Gina smirked. "One of your favorite artists called."

Tommy narrowed his eyes. Gina loved teasing him. "Tell Michael-"

"Nope." Gina shook her head. "Mariah."

Tommy rolled his eyes. "I'm surprised she was even allowed to use the phone. I always find it funny that she says I was controlling when he's got her on an even tighter leash."

"Well she did call and she wants a meeting with you." Gina explained.

"About what?" He asked irritably. "Her album's been released. I'm not meeting with her."

Gina nodded, pencilling something in on her clipboard. "I'll call her back and let her know."

Tommy shrugged and turned to his computer. There was a new email from John Branca and immediately opened it. His eyes scanned the words, a frown growing on his face.

Gina finished writing Tommy's instruction and turned to walk out of the room.

"Gina?"

Gina stopped in her tracks. "Yes?"

He didn't look up from the message on the screen, scratching his chin in contemplation.

"Schedule that meeting."

November 23rd, 1998

Splat.

"So you just gone throw that at me, Nicki?" Michael said, lukewarm oatmeal sliding down his cheek.

Nicole put her entire hand in the oatmeal and hurled another ball at her father. This time it landed in his hair.

Michael giggled at her. "Thank you very much."

Nicole put her hand in her mouth, trying to eat the oatmeal. Noelle, on the other hand, was sipping her juice. She wasn't much for assaulting her dad.

Nicole dipped her hand back into the bowl.

"Alright, that's enough Nicki, I don't need-"

Splat.

"Okay, you can have that one but now you have to eat-"

Splat. Nicole wasn't playing.

Michael sighed and move the bowl just out of Nicole's reach. She struggled for a moment, whining because she couldn't reach it.

Michael stuck his tongue out at her. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked around her high chair. She reached down to her side, picked up her toy keys, and hit Michael in the chest with them.

"Hey, that hurt!"

Mariah walked in from behind, giggling at the scene. Michael was nearly covered in oatmeal, while Nicki hurled whatever she could find at her father.

"What are you guys doing?"

Michael glanced at his wife, his smile fading away. He didn't reply.

Mariah turned her attention to the girls.

"You know what babies?" Mariah asked.

Nicole stopped mid-throw and looked at her mother. Mariah took Noelle's sippy cup out of her hands and put it down on the table.

"Mommy was thinking about something special. You two will be one in a month!"

Nicole reached up for Mariah's hand and nibbled her mother's wrist.