Chapter 113

March 5th, 2001

Mariah was in the studio working on the soundtrack that was to accompany her film. Though acting was fun for her, she was happy to finally get back to her first love--music.

“Okay, Mariah. You ready?” Her producer, Clark Kent asked.

Mariah nodded. “Yeah, let's do it.”

The song took a sample of an 80s song “Firecracker” to go with the time period of the movie.

I got myself a lover who knows what I like, when he invites me over I come every time-” She sang, making her way through the lines of the song. She and Clark continued to work through the song--tweaking different parts here and there. She wasn’t the perfectionist her husband was, but she definitely knew what she wanted.

Suddenly, music shut off.

Mariah raised an eyebrow. “What's up?”

“You got a phone call.” Clark said.

She put her headset down and walked out of the booth to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Mrs. Jackson.”

Mariah pulled back from the phone. “John? What's going on?”

“Well, an alarm in the house went off. One of your house guests was in a restricted area.” John explained.

Mariah's jaw dropped. “What? Did you do something about it?”

“Yes, we took the kid back to his mother and reset the alarm.”

Without responding, she hung up her phone and angrily snatched a bottle off the coffee table. She probably should’ve listened to the whole story from John, but her anger got the best of her.

“I knew I shouldn’t have let that asshole stay in my house!” She shouted.

Clark looked taken aback. “What’s going-”

“I tried to be nice but nooo! They wanna take advantage of us! Especially Michael! Poor Michael.”

Clark nodded, understandingly, though he clearly couldn’t understand why she was so angry.

“I wish I could kill that little motherfucker! Getting all up in my baby’s head making him feel like he owes him something!” She shouted, taking a sip of water. She swallowed before continuing on her rant.

“Honestly, fuck him! I don’t care what kind of cancer you have, it’s not okay to take advantage of a sad man with a huge heart. That sick mama knows what she’s doing! Fucking up my house! Stepping all over my husband!” Mariah lifted the water bottle toward her lips, but paused when she thought of something new to fuss about. “And you know what?”

Clark looked on with shaken eyes.

“That bitch had the nerve to excuse her triflin’ ass daughter when she stole my baby ice cream! I could’ve tore her head off!”

Mariah shook her head--her face emblazoned with anger.

“I am so fucking shitty right now!” She shouted, chucking the water bottle at the glass casing around the booth. The little bit of water left in the bottle sprinkled out over the soundboard causing an electrical short on that end of the board.

“Woah there, Mariah! You gotta calm down.”

Mariah cocked her head to the side. “Who you tellin’ to calm down!”

Clark pulled back.

“Huh? Answer me! Since you wanna tell people to calm down, why don’t you say it again?”