Getting Ready To Come Home!

With that we walked into the sunset on the search for the source of energy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Daily said it would be for the best if I go home today.

I don't think that's a good idea because I don't even know Mr and Mrs Merrell properly!

He said it could help re-boot my memory, the only thing I remember so far is Nessa! And it's really frustrating, I can barely go through 5 minutes without crying, which is making my parents cry which is making us all miserable again!

My leg had been in a cast since the crash, the doctors weren't quite sure if it was healed yet seeming as I spiral fractured my thigh, and snapped my shin bone, they took off the cast earlier this morning.

To be honest I don't even know if it's healed yet cause I've been in a bed for the last 2 months!

Dr Daily walked into the room distracting me from all thoughts,

"Now Miss Veronica I see that you're leaving today, but before you do we need to see what state your leg is in" He proclaimed

"ok" I answered nervously.

"No reason to be nervous Veronica all we will do is bring you to a special hall and have you do some tests" He explained.

I was helped from my bed to a wheelchair then I was wheeled off to the hall.

In the hall I was informed I would have to try stand and walk a certain distance and if I wasn't capable I would be handed a crutch and if I couldn't do that I would be handed another crutch, overall if I couldn't do it I would be given a wheelchair.

Dr Daily helped me out of the chair, He leaned me up against the wall, I balanced soulfully on the wait of my good leg, in front of me was two bars to help me balance in attempt to walk.

"Now Veronica could you please try balancing with two feet?" a doctor asked,

I held onto the bars and placed my left foot to the ground, an electric shock of pain ran up my leg, though I tried my best to hide the pain.

"Well done, now do you mind taking several steps forward?" he requested,

I slowly placed my right foot in front of my left in attempt to make a step but my left leg gave up and caused me to collapse on the ground, The pain was excruciating, I let out a scream as I hit the ground.

Tears rolled down my face, I was about to give up when I remembered Nessa, she would always tell me not to give up, I had to keep trying even if I felt the need to pass out with pain I will carry on for Nessa!

Doctors ran up to me helping me up, they tried to bring me back over to a bed but I refused, I had to have another go at it!

"Veronica, are you sure you want to do this?" Dr Daily asked concerned

"Yes" I replied.

I carried on for hours trying to attempt just a few steps, Dr Daily finally stopped me from hurting myself and handed me a pair of crutches, I tried going up and down the hall using them and in minutes I got the knack of it.

I returned to my room myself, as I entered my parents clapped their hands and hugged me, my dad pulled away and pulled a phone out of his pocket,

"Here Veronica, I know you have no clue about what what happened or anything but your mother and I decided to get you a new phone seeming as yours was destroyed, all your social media accounts are setup on it and everything, but please wait before you regain your memory to be posting anything ok?"

I was confused, I had no clue what he was talking about, but I was sick of asking questions about obvious things so I just took the phone and thanked them.

It was a long journey home, It was hours into the journey when I decided to check out this phone, I turned it on it's back and read the small print, iPhone 6s plus 64 GB, I turned it on and slid to unlock, the screen was a picture of Nessa and I hugging and laughing, although I don't remember any of it it seemed as though we had an amazing life together!

I saw a yellow app at the top right hand corner of the screen called 'snapchat', I pressed on it and a camera opened up, I was looking at my reflection, I looked like I was a twelve year old, I swiped left and scowled, the screen was full of little red boxes with names next to them, I decided to click on a few, what I saw next made me emotional,

In every redbox there was a short message sending me love or a video of people telling me how much they missed us and that they were sorry for my loss.

I fell asleep, dreaming about being with Nessa and everything going back to the way it was before, but I didn't know what it was like before so it was all going wrong! Everything was fuzzy and unrecognizable, I was getting frustrated, my mind went blank, as if someone had paused my dream, suddenly I was there, in the car Nessa sitting next to me, we were both screaming, swerving in circles!

I woke up with sweat dripping down my forehead, tears rolling down my cheeks,

Why us! I thought Out of all people!

(A/N: Hey guys please tell me what you think of this chapter, sorry Nessa's not in it but the next chapter will just be her❤️)