Payback

When I'm gone, people who come here will see this and think wow I'm in the same cell as the girl who supposedly killed her own sister!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light snuck in through various cracks in the wall as someone was handing out lunch trays through the small windows, it wasn't enough to allow me to see anything but at least I knew it was time for food.

The small window justled open as a small orange juice container was thrown in along with a buttered bagel.

"Eat up!" said an old rusty voice as the little window slammed shut.

I took a sip of the orange, the sweet tangy taste washed through my mouth! Now that I think of it I haven't had orange juice in almost four years! I glugged the whole thing before devouring the stale tasteless bagel.

After the food I lay back against the wall, I wondered if mason was still here so I decided to put my energy power to good use. I closed my eyes and concentrated allowing all sorts of sounds enter my ears. There were birds chirping several kilometers away, children playing in a nearby playground and people arguing. I focused in on a young male's voice... It was Mason!

"You know she didn't do anything!" He shouted.

"We don't know that yet and plus she was rude to me, you're not allowed harass a police officer!" the mean policewoman who threw me down here stated.

"I will get you fired! There was no reason at all you should've put her down there! She's innocent until proven guilty!" He defended. His gratitude planted a smile on my face, he was so nice and caring!

"You can't get me fired I'm the chief of this prison!" She stated.

"Oh just you wait and see" Mason whispered, I the heard him take out his phone and dial a number.

I softly opened my eyes, I know well I could break out of this cell in a heartbeat... but I honestly don't think I want to. If I was out there I would have to continue living without her, at least when I was in here I felt as if I was punishing myself for not saving her.

"You Idiot!" Someone shouted from beside me distracting me but also giving me the fright of my life.

"What the hell dude!" I yelled looking up and noticing it was Milten!

"You knew well this would happen!" He shrieked as he grabbed my neck and pushed my upwards on the wall.

"Let go you're choking me!" I gasped grabbing his hands and burning them with my energy, it didn't affect him.

"You need to fix this! The other side is crumbling to pieces because of you!" he shouted.

"Good!" I croaked as I rubbed my painful neck, "And don't you think I will be giving any of my blood!"

"You ruined everything! That place is keeping me alive!"

"I know!" I responded as I sat back down on the ground,

"I'm going to give you twenty minutes to fix this or I will kill you before the other side falls, so you will never be with your stupid sister!" He threatened.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that!" I defended, "I will do what I want!"

"You asked for it!" He said as he grabbed my neck again and began to squeeze it tighter, I could feel myself losing consciousness as I gasped for air.

"Not today!" I whispered, as I forced all my remaining energy to blast him away. As soon as I landed to the ground I took several long refreshing deep breaths.

"Try using your power against this!" He laughed as he disappeared.

I lay there for a few moments before alarms rang overhead, I could hear people shouting in horror. Someone had obviously pressed the emergency release button on all the cells because I could hear the prisoners running away with the guards outside, I stumbled up to my cell door but it wouldn't open, I tried to blast it with energy but Milten must have drained it from me when he almost killed me.

I forced the small window open to see a large fire spread across the hallway, I jumped backwards as smoke quickly entered through the latch.

I attempted to scream but my voice was gone after Milten choked me,

I knew it would take hours for my energy to recharge... if I die now I will never be with Nessa... I would just go down with the other side!

Smoke entered all corners of the room, by now I was collapsed on the ground gasping for air. I could feel my lungs filling with thick black burning smoke as I began to give up hope.

Minutes had passed and I was surprised that I was still alive, if I don't die know I will certainly die in moments to come.

My chest highered and lowered rapidly, a burning sensation ran up and down my entire body. The pain of dying wasn't knew for me but the pain of knowing I will never see Nessa again slowly broke me down. It terrified me!

I closed my eyes waiting for the final breath of oxygen to to come. It felt like days! Finally my lungs felt as if they could collapse any second, my heaving breaths would soon be over along with my life.

Suddenly there was a loud crash from the other side of my smoke filled cell, I was to limp to even open my eyes let alone turn my head to see what it was.

I felt a strong pair of arms scoop me up and throw me over their shoulder,

"Hang on Miss, You're going to be ok!"

"No! Leave me! It's time for me to go" I whispered, but he obviously didn't hear me.

He carried me through flames, my skin burned against the flames with each long step he took.

The pain was too much, I could feel my body shutting down and before I knew it I had lost all consciousness. 

(A/N: Cliffhanger!!!)