Back To The Station

I could hear a voice as clear as day saying "Yes there is!" But that was just my imagination.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat across from her, we both sat in cold hard metal chairs, the only thing between us was a stainless steel table.

"Why won't you confess anything!?" I cried, I was sick and tired of receiving a blank response.

"Because Roni, you need to figure this out on your own. You're the key to the door and I hold the secrets which you have to unlock" she replied, she stared deeply into my eyes, there was a sense of dread and hope mixed within her.

"It's not that easy! There are no clues" I shouted, I was growing more and more frustrated with each passing moment.

"Use your knowledge, your memories" She whispered, ducking her head, now keeping her vision to the floor.

"Fine! But this is the last time I will try" I responded, my voice quivering with anger.

She jumped out of her chair, she had a hurt worried look on her face "No Roni Please! If you do this correctly there is a chance!" She begged.

"You always say that" I spat in return,

"Please?" She whispered.

My eyes shot open, sweat dripped down my forehead, I was in a car but it wasn't mine. I could hear rain heavily hitting the front windscreen and wind bustling the doors.

"Oh thank goodness you're alright!" I heard a familiar deep voice say relieved from beside me, it was Mason.

"What happened?" I asked confused.

"I don't know, you tell me, one minute I kissed you and the next you fell limp"He exhaled heavily, "You scared me" he whispered.

"I'm sorry" I replied, massaging my sore temples.

Mason looked at me concerned, "Veronica are you ok?"

"Yeah I just had a bad dream" I replied, a sharp pain shot through my head, I tried my hardest not to squeal in pain. The truth is my bad dream wasn't scary it just confused me. I couldn't understand why I was having so many dreams about Nessa, they were just so realistic!

"Um Mason?" I whispered,

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna sound absolutely crazy right now but I need you to drive me down to the police station" I replied.

"Why?"

"Because I need them to dig up my sister's grave" I answered bluntly.

He stared at me, he had a scared but confused look glued to his face. "Veronica that's crazy! Your sister was buried yesterday!"

"Mason please?" I asked, keeping my gaze far from his.

"I can't do that. Veronica they will say no!" He laughed, assuming I was only joking.

"Fine!" I shouted opening the car door and stepping out. I was freezing because my jacket was laying on his car seat but I was too dignified to get it back. I began walking forward, it was only about a twenty minute walk to the station. But the problem was, it was lashing!

I had only walked a few steps when his car began driving alongside of me, he put his window down and told me to get back into his jeep. "Please Veronica you'll get sick, just hop in and I'll drop you home!"

"No Mason I need to go to the police station!" I replied, the wind was blowing strongly causing me to get shoved from side to side and the rain was making it slippy. Before I knew it my foot had gotten wedged in a sewer drain and I was on the ground in a cold muddy puddle. I attempted to yank my foot loose but it was jammed in.

Mason's car came to a halt, his car door busted open as he ran to help me. I was soaking wet and we were getting drenched, he reached down and took my hand, he tried to help me up but my foot wasn't budging.

"It's my foot!" I yelled over the rain and wind, he glanced to the drain and bent down to try and yank it free.

He spent a good five minutes trying to pull it out but eventually it came loose and we fell backwards. My foot was numb but I didn't care I needed to get the station.

"Get back in the jeep and I'll bring you to the station!" Mason yelled over the loud weather.

I wasn't gonna be asked twice, I hobbled over to the passenger side door and hopped into the high jeep.

Mason entered his side of the car, we were both soaked and cold, my foot was throbbing but that was the least of my worries.

"Are you crazy!?" Mason laughed, putting his jacket around my shoulders. I smiled.

"I usually fight for what I want" I giggled.

I shivered, my teeth were clattering and I was in pain but I had a strange feeling that if I did this correctly things would start getting better.

Mason pulled up outside the local Las Angeles police station, we both glanced at each other.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked,

"Yep" I replied. I had deep feelings for Mason but I didn't feel we were at the right stage where I could confess all this crazy confusing stuff that has been going on these past few years.

I stepped out of the car, wrapping Mason's hoody tight around me, the wind blew the rain straight into my face. I felt a soft hand grip mine.

"I'm coming in with you!" Mason shouted over the rain and wind.

I nodded my head as we both walked inside of the station.

We sat in the waiting area, there were a bunch of other people waiting with us for who knows what reasons. Mason took out his phone and began scrolling through Instagram. I was bored, I could feel a phone in my pocket but there was nothing to do on it. After about twenty minutes of waiting I pulled my phone out but to my surprise in my hand was a severely cracked iPhone 6. This wasn't my phone, I must have grabbed Nessa's by mistake!

"Wow what happened to your phone?" Mason chuckled.

"Oh um it's not mine" I whispered in return.

He looked at me confused, I wasn't bothered to tell him that it was Nessa's old phone. I pressed the home button and a picture of Nessa appeared. My eyes stung but I kept the tears back.

"You mean to tell me you have a phone that isn't yours with a picture as you as the home screen" Mason laughed.

"It's not me" I answered bluntly.

By now he had figured it out, he knew it was Nessa's phone and it was her as the screensaver.

"I'm sorry" He whispered.

"It's ok you weren't to know"

"NEXT!" The secretary shouted. I hadn't noticed that Mason and I were the only ones left in the lobby.

I slowly walked towards the desk, "May I help you miss" He asked politely.

"Umm... could I speak to an officer please?"

"What's the case?" He questioned.

"I would like to discuss that in privet" I replied quietly.

"I'm afraid I can't let you speak to an official officer without knowing the case ma'am" He stated.

"What I'm about to stay is not to be leaked because my family and I have been dealing with too much press at the moment"

"Of course ma'am" He answered,

"I would like to dig up my sisters grave"

(A/N: Hey Guys Sorry for the lack of updates I've been in writers block for quite some time but hopefully this story will get back on track<3)