Offer With No Hesitation

"Alright Miss Merrell tell us exactly what you need done and we will attempt to complete your satisfactions"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why won't you speak to me?" I questioned, looking over at my mother. The rain continued to pour, crashing against the windows. The windscreen wipers swiftly moved from side to side. She had a stern glare glued to her face, she didn't respond all she did was shake her head.

"MOM!" I shouted but she continued to ignore me, "Well if that's how you wanna act!" I spat, pulling out my phone which mom had given to me when she picked me up. I opened up the phone app. I pressed on the number Sargent Montgomerie had given me incase I changed my mind.

The line was crunching because of the weather. I heard a voice answer on the other line.

"Hello?" A man asked.

"Veronica what are you doing?!" My mother interrupted.

"Sargent Montgomerie it's me, Veronica Merrell"

"You've changed your mind very fast" He chuckled.

"I? Anyways Yes, we will proceed with the unburial" I answered "And make sure No Press Are Involved!"

"Yes Ma'am, we'll make sure of that"

I hung up. I hadn't realised that the car had come to a stop. I glanced over to my mother. She glared at me, tears welled in her eyes.

"I can't believe you" She whispered.

"What!? You and Daddy wanted to do this originally! I just made it happen!" I yelled.

"That was not your overall decision! You're not the only one who loved your sister!" She cried.

"You know what? I'm done! That's it! I should've given up a long long time ago!" I answered sternly, tears falling down my face. "Nothing is ever good for anyone!" I unbuckled my seatbelt. "I'm leaving for a while, don't bother even trying to look for me cause maybe I just don't want to be found!" I opened the car door.

"Veronica Jo Merrell you stay right where you are!"

"Goodbye for now Mommy. I have my credit card with money saved up from YouTube and I have my phone" I said, stepping outside of the car.

"Roni get back in the car right now" She shouted.

I slammed the car door shut, rain pelting down on my face. The wind blew against me. I took one last look at the car and limped over a fence. I could hear my mom shouting after me, pain in her voice, but I ignored her. I walked for awhile, not really knowing where I was going. I switched off GPS, find my phone and all the other apps used to track me down.

I didn't feel like talking to anyone or even looking at anyone, I just wanted to be alone. I was in the middle of nowhere so I guess that helped.

I walked into a field, The growing corn was taller than I was.I brushed my fingers threw the soft stems. I closed my eyes allowing thoughts to rush in, thoughts I had forced out of my mind, memories.

Flashback

"Nessa look at that one!" I pointed excitedly jumping up and down.

"No Roni look at that one!" She argued pointing at a different one.

We had the biggest smiles glued to our faces. We must have been at least 4 or 5, we sat in the circus tent at the annual state carnival wearing matching frocks except mine had purple flowers and Nessa's had pink, we sat there gazing in awe at the different balloon animals various clowns were creating. We laughed in unison as a balloon popped in one of their faces. They began taking volunteers and handing out their creations to the children. We kept our heads low because we knew only one person could be picked. Our small hands held tightly together.

"You! Little girl with the pigtails in the cute pink flowery frock!" a clown called, inviting her into the ring. Nessa's face lit up with excitement, she stood up quickly. I kept my jealousy in, tears welling in my small innocent eyes.

She began walking, I felt a tug on my arm, "Come on Roni!" She giggled.

Our hands still grasping each other's, "Let's go!"

I felt my smile grow bigger and bigger. As we reached the ring the clown was mid making a balloon animal. He was too distracted to notice that there were two of us. After he finished he looked down astonished.

"Ah two young girls with pigtails in a cute flowery frock!" He chuckled. "Well I only have one balloon animal, what shall we do?" He asked.

"Give it to Nessa" I answered. I no longer cared about the balloon, I cared how Nessa never let go of my hand and how she wouldn't leave me behind.

"Two very sweet little girls who equally deserve a balloon animal!" He smiled, pulling out another balloon and started making something. "That was a very nice thing of you to do for you sister, offer her the balloon with no hesitation" He told me. I had no clue what he was talking about.

After a few minutes he handed Nessa and I two amazing balloon dogs, we gasped in awe and surprise.

"Thank You!" We said in unison.

End of Flashback

I snapped back to reality, at first I wondered why that particular memory had come back to me but then I remembered what the balloon maker had said. 'Offer with no hesitation' 

(A/N: Hey guys! thnx for reading! Also sorry for not updating that often I'm working on a new book!<3)