Will You...?

It was dark, there was nothing to see or hear so I guess that means the switch worked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes, finding myself in Nessa's bedroom. It worked! Why was Nessa's room so messy? She can't even go one day on earth without messing up her bedroom. I giggled, typical Nessa. I began to move around her room putting things away again, it was kinda strange how I knew where exactly everything went. After I finished cleaning I went back into my bedroom and decided to go to sleep seeming how it was pitch black outside.

For the first night in a very very long time I slept peacefully. I woke up and smiled, I put on my glasses and went to get ready, I showered, applied makeup and tied up my hair into a high ponytail. I skipped downstairs and made myself pancakes in the kitchen singing along to some old music I had on my phone.

"BABY YOU GOT LUCKY CAUSE YOU'RE ROCKING WITH THE BEST AND I'M GREEDY SO GREEDY!" I sang at the top of my lungs.

I heard a chuckle behind me, I turned around to see my dad laughing at me. I blushed and began to laugh along with him. "What has you in such a good mood?" He asked,

"I dunno, life I guess" I answered, Trying my hardest not to scream out loud that Nessa might be able to come back for sure!

"So what's your plan for today?" He questioned.

I stared at him bluntly "Take a wild guess"

"Veronica honey I don't think it's healthy visiting her this much, you need to start healing and going there everyday won't help" He stated.

"Daddy I'm not crying or getting upset when I go, I just get lonely and Nessa was the only person I could ever talk to about absolutely anything. You wouldn't understand"

"Actually my father Milten was a twin and when his brother died he was very upset" My dad said.

"I know but I don't think he was upset" I laughed, knowing from experience.

He sighed and left the room giving up on our conversation. I sat down at the table and slathered my pancakes in maple syrup. I dug in, indulging each and every bite, I glanced at the clock and quickly jumped up and ran to my car. The cemetery was opening about now.

It took about 10 minutes to arrive because there was another funeral on. I hopped out of my car and skipped over to the gates. "Hi Al!" I said cheerfully waving to the groundskeeper.

"Well hello again Veronica, I see you've changed from yesterday and you're back to normal" He laughed.

"Haha Yeah" I answered confused, Was Nessa here yesterday? I walked through the graveyard passing familiar family's and elderly's. I skipped down the cute pebbled path leading to Nessa's grave, I stopped mid skip,"Oh" I whispered, it was different. All of my hard work looked as if it had been destroyed and attempted to be put back together, I looked over to the bench, my face dropped, someone had vandalized the beautiful bench! I felt as if I could collapse into tears. I slowly up to Nessa's grave and kneeled down beside it "Nessa what happened here?" I whispered.

I looked up and saw a small box sticking out behind a bunch of flowers. I went to pick it up, there was a small note attached to the box it was in Nessa's neat handwriting, it read:

Dear Roni, I'm so sorry about what happened with Mason so I left you this box. The main answer to the clues lies in this box. Use it wisely! Btw Mason wants to meet up with you at the diner tomorrow but I'm not sure what time. Xx-Nessa

I looked down at the box, I almost shrieked with happiness! She left me a clue!!!!! She actually left me a clue! I carefully placed the bland box in my handbag and reread the note. Mason! I have to meet up with Mason. I honestly didn't care if I was too early to be at the diner I just wanted to see Mason, I glanced at my watch 8:43, Would it be open? I guess I'll have to find out and see! "Thanks Nessa!" I whispered as I walked out of the graveyard.

"Leaving very soon" Al said as I was exiting the gates.

"Decided to cut it short today, I need to spend less time here cause my dad thinks I'm getting depressed" I laughed. I hopped into my car and saw a note taped to the passenger seat I mustn't have noticed before, it was from Nessa again:

THIS CAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE!!!!!!

I laughed and placed the note on my dashboard so I could treasure it. Making my way to the diner would be difficult it was about an hours drive and the farthest I've driven so far since the accident was to the cemetery and back.

It was a very long and boring drive but I finally made it, it was 9:57 when I pulled up outside the diner. As soon as I stepped out of the car the greasy oily smell wafted through my nostrils. I remember that smell being so amazing but know it just smelt fatty. I pushed my way through the doors of the diner, the chairs, the walls and the design were all still the same, just as amazing as I remembered! I went and sat in a booth, relaxing but most importantly waiting. I remembered how I gave Mason my number on a napkin which was really cringy now that I think of it! And then Mason gave me his number. I grabbed my phone and sent him a text.

Me: Meet at the diner

Almost straight away he replied.

Mason:Sure

"Wow you came early" He laughed, I looked up, he had given me a fright.

"You scared me" I giggled. He sat down across from me, wearing a red and white striped apron, a short sleeved shirt, red jeans and a white sailors hat. "Nice uniform" I laughed.

"Haha very funny, can I get you anything?" He asked in a mocking waiters voice.

"Hmmm a rock'n milkshake with two straws please" I winked. I had to force myself not to cringe from what I had just done.

"Right up ma lady" He said bowing away, causing me to laugh. Within minutes he returned with a milkshake and two straws. "May I ask whom you are sharing with?" He asked in a terrible british accent.

"A cute boy" I whispered.

"I don't think he's here so may I take his place?"

"I guess so" I laughed.

We sat across from each other, as soon as we were still our eyes locked, his hazel chestnut eyes glistening in the fluorescent lighting. Our eyes stayed locked as he asked the following question "So Veronica will you?"

"Will I what?"

"Be my girlfriend?" He asked shyly.

I smiled and leaned across the table smashing my lips into his "Of coarse!"

(A/N: Thanks so much for reading!<3 If you guys haven't checked out my new book 'The Truth' Please do, it would mean so much!<3 (Self Promo))