The Bridge!

I had no control over what was happening but on que I cried "I love you too Nessa" Before crashing into a fence and over the bridge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came to on a hard cold surface, my whole body throbbed as I carefully balanced on my feet.

I turned a full 360° taking in my surroundings.

Was my mind playing tricks on me?

I was back on the bridge, the bridge Nessa and I drove off.

Then it all came rushing back! How Linda threatened to have me arrested, how I... How I drove her off the bridge...

I ran to the ledge, the barrier had been broken by the impact of the car, I could see a blazing fire down in the distance.

How could I have survived yet another car crash off the exact same bridge?!

It suddenly struck me! How did I survive?

Even if by some strange chance I'd escaped the car before it descended off the bridge I was bound to have some injuries!

Something else was up! I concentrated deeply in the surroundings noticing I was the only one to be seen in miles.

My head was pounding with confusion, everything was so complicated. I sat back down on the ground, dug my face in my hands and began to cry!

"Oh God not the waterworks again!" someone complained with a heavy british accent.

I shot my head up in search for the speaker.

It was that man again! The one that was at the diner and the graveyard! I was right, he was following me!

"Who are you!?" I questioned,

"Ohhh someone's nosey!" the man laughed,

I glared at him,

"Right then... well I'm Milten" he introduced "And no worry I already know who you are Veronica"

"How do you know me? Have you been following me?" I asked cowardly,

"Well Veronica these last few days I've deliberately been making myself visible to you, but to be truthful I've been following you since the day you were born... but you have failed to notice me" He admitted

"Why?" I dared to ask,

"Well you see Veronica I don't know if you understand this but you're special! You were born for a reason. You the a first Merrell girl only child, of your generation! I mean there had to be a reason to why I pulled you from your death... the second time!" He explained, pacing back and forth.

"You're the one who saved me?" I asked trying to feel grateful but something inside of me had a bad feeling about this Milten guy.

"You're Welcome"

"But Nessa saved me the last time!" I added

"True, I made a risky mistake but my plan was a success in the end!" He pondered.

"Wait... Did you say only child? You must be mistaken you see I'm not an only child" I explained, My heart was racing, I didn't know what to feel! And what did he mean by 'A risky mistake'?

"Well actually Veronica you are officially an only child due to the death of your twin sister"

"How do you know me!? How do you know about Nessa!" I asked angrily with a tint of worry in my voice.

"There was never meant to be two of you! We agreed ONE child, One Merrell first born girl! Before we could take you away your father blurted there was a second on the way! You were never meant to have a sister Veronica! You were meant to be an only child! But the laws of science just had to mess everything up!"

"Why are you telling me this!" I shouted

"We HAD to kill Vanessa! It was the only way!" He disclaimed

"What do you mean the only way" I cried

"To make sure the other side would stay intact to this world! We needed Merrell blood, but only the blood of a first born only child girl! But as you were a twin the transition wouldn't be able to take place! We gave your parents long enough with their both children! We agreed on 20 years!"

"So why not use our childrens blood!" I distinguished

"Because Veronica your child would not be a true Merrell! You were our last hope! The only way to complete transaction was to kill your twin, it was the only way we could make you an only child!"

"Why did you even need my blood!"

"Your blood was essential to the other side! Why do you think You are the only one who can see dead people!? It's because you are the special one! Veronica with your blood we can keep the other side standing!"

"Who's WE!" I Shouted stressfully,

"My Twin brother and I" Milten said in despair.

I decided to ignore his sadness and continue to ask questions.

"Will I have to die...?" Was the first thing that came to my mind.

He didn't answer my question, he just glared at me.

"Veronica now that you are aware of me watching over you your full life, may you please inform me where you have been for the last 3 years!?" He asked aggressively.

The feeling inside me grew even stronger, my mouth refused to respond, This Milten dude was not to be trusted.

(A/N: Hey guys! thanks for reading, please tell me what you thought of this chapter and what you think will happen next!)

Comment any predictions!