Mistakes!

When would this all be over!? When would I be able to live a normal life!?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how long it's been, Days, hours, seconds? It was hard to tell.

It never really occurred to me how much thinking you can physically do while you're alone.

My mind wandered in every direction, from was it fate for Nessa and I to have terrible lives? To How long will it take for 'Nancy Scott' to tell everyone I'm in solitary confinement!?

I sighed heavily, I couldn't tell if it was night or day because everything was pitch black.

I lay motionless on the floor. Maybe if I stay like this it will look like I'm dead so it might trick the universe into putting me with Vanessa.

But I can't die, that's the problem! If it wasn't for the other side I would be gone in a blink.

My plan was only roughly thought out but it might just actually work. I just have to keep my distance.

Hopefully my connection has died down and I won't go down with it because if I do I will never be able to be with Nessa, ever.

All of a sudden a bright burning light appeared in front of me, I covered my face with my hands blocking the blinding glow.

"Who is that!?" I shouted, as the light faded away and it became black again.

"Little Veronica, think I forgot about her?!" An unsatisfyingly familiar voice rattled.

"Not now Milten!" I begged, I was exhausted and willing to give up hope.

"I know your cunning plan and I won't let it take place!"

"Well then sacrifice a drop of blood!" I interrupted,

"If I do that I would lose all my power!" He stated.

I sat there for a moment allowing his answer to process properly in my mind.

"Wait! Are you telling me the only reason you won't sacrifice a single drop of blood is because you want to keep your stupid powers!?" I spat disgustedly.

I felt his tough hand grab my chin, His breath burning my throat. He was really close.

"I never had anything! It was always about Jackson! Now I can finally be the powerful one!" He declared,

"We're better off without the other side! You've changed it! It was made for people to stay happy and to occasionally visit their loved ones that they left behind but you ruined that! You ruined that for everyone!" I whispered harshly.

"You see that's where you're wrong Vanessa twisted the whole system!" Milten defended.

"If you hadn't of purposely tried to kill us by driving us off the bridge and sacrificed yourself none of this would of happened!" I shouted. "You're just too selfish to care about anybody else!"

"You think I'm bad!? If I had enough fingers to count how many times you had the chance to save your sister's life I would have over 1000 hands!" Milten mocked.

I don't know what happened, something inside me just flicked, as if a switch had gone off telling me to go crazy!

"Don't you dare say that!" I shrieked, standing to my feet, trying my best to keep the tears in!

"You have been denying the truth for too long Veronica! You know you're the one to blame for your sister! You're just too selfish to see it!" He admitted.

I felt my insides burning... was he right?

I could have prevented all this... Nessa could have still been here if I didn't always make terrible decisions. Milten was right this was all my fault.

I let myself slide back against the wall, the realization had finally kicked in. I should have died that night. Neither of us should have survived that crash! I finally understood why Nessa begged me to let go that day. It wasn't for my own sake... it was for everyone's.

I dug my face into my palms sobbing like crazy.

"You're right! It was my fault! If I had let go none of this would have happened!" I cried aloud.

"That's right Veronica! You could have prevented all this commotion!" Milten chuckled before disappearing into thin air.

I can't believe I hadn't noticed this before! How stupid could I actually be! This was all my fault!

I don't know where he went but I knew he would return, He was going to kill me... I just don't know when!

I thought about everything, in the time you spend waiting to die what else is there to think about? I thought about every single bad decision I have ever made.

Wishing I could change them all into good ones... If I could I would be dead... with Nessa.

I clicked my finger causing a flicker of light to appear on the ceiling of the room.

I absorbed my surroundings, This cell had obviously been previously occupied by someone for a very long period of time.

There were lines crossed out resembling days, god knows what they used to mark them as there was nothing sharp in here whatsoever!

Several initials were engraved into the wall, I stood to my feet. Studying each of the letters. These people could be like me and were completely innocent on more like Milten and be just pure evil! I guess everyone who stayed here made sure they left a lifelong mark so why not join in?

I pointed my finger inches from the wall, concentrating hard. Energy lasered out, I directed it in the shape of a V.M.

I stood back admiring my handy work.

When I'm gone, people who come here will see this and think wow I'm in the same cell as the girl who supposedly killed her own sister!

(A/N: Hey guys! thank you so much for 7k reads!😱❤️ It means so much to me!<3 BTW It will help if you've read from the very start to completely understand this chapter)

Does anyone remember Nancy Scott?😂 First Person to tell me the first chapter she was in gets a a shoutout!