Stay Strong!

The pain was too much, I could feel my body shutting down and before I knew it I had lost all consciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything was dark, no sound, no movement and no pain.

Was this it?

Was this what actual dying felt like?

Then reality struck back.

I could hear a faint ongoing beeping, I struggled to even take half a breath.

"One of her lungs has collapsed and her second could fail in any moment to come!" I heard a voice shout for what seemed like miles off.

I hadn't realized how much I was struggling for just one single breath.

I fluttered my eyes open, slowly turning my head so it rested on it's side.

I guess I'm not dead yet.

I was being wheeled on a hospital bed down many many bland corridors, The oxygen mask on my face grew uncomfortable. I tried to raise my hand in attempt to take it off but I was too weak.

"Honey just hang on a few more minutes" one of the nurses begged as I struggled to keep my eyes open. "We need her in surgery immediately to pump up both of her lungs!"

'I'm too tired' I wanted to admit but no words could escape my mouth.

My whole body ached with pain, especially my lungs. Each attempt of a breath burnt and stung.

I suddenly felt a firm strong hand grab mine as the person ran alongside the moving bed.

"Roni come on! Stay strong!" It was Mason!

I softly squeezed his hand using all my energy to show him I could hear what he was saying,

He stroked back my hair and planted a soft gentle kiss on my forehead. I couldn't do it any longer, it was too much pain to handle.

I slowly let my hand fall limp to my side,

"Veronica! Stay with us!" A nurse cried.

I could hear my heart monitor slowing down to a slow and unsteady beat as I began to lose control of my breathing.

(A/N: Sorry for the really short chapter<3 also thank you so much for 7.5k views!<3!)