Construction

Now it was time for my investigation to begin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a while since I came in contact with Nessa, I had found the room number and discovered that it had been turned into a bathroom so I guess pretending to be a spy around a hospital for two hours was for nothing! I wanted to visit the bridge but I was slowly losing enthusiasm of seeing the point in the visit. This bridge brought back traumatic memories, memories I hope never return, I caused Linda to drive off the this bridge and die.

I killed somebody.

I forced my trembling hands on the wheel and made myself start the car.

I had no clue what was in stall for myself, I was petrified and the fact that the realisation of killing a human being had washed over me did not help. I knew the road off by heart, I dreamt about it almost every second night, how we drove off and ended up broken, not just physically. Each left or right sped up my heart rate, each meter caused sweat to drip from my forehead, I knew how much this bridge had ruined my life as well as turned it upside down so I kept telling myself not to allow it to affect me.

One more turn... CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION!?

A man knocked on my window, so I rolled it down. "Excuse me ma'am you're not supposed to be around here" He instructed,

"You don't understand I have to my... cousins house cause she's... she's just had her child!"I quickly made up.

"You'll have to go another way ma'am, this freeway is being made into a shopping mall, if you return in 14-17 months then there'll be a clear passage but for now I'm afraid that this freeway is off limits" He explained nicely.

"Ugh! Fine! Just tell me, the bridge... is it still there?" I asked,

"Look ma'a, the whole freeway is being redone" He told me, he began growing impatient.

"Look Sir I honestly don't think you understand the situation I'm in" I whispered as my voice cracked and tears began stinging my eyes. "I drove off that bridge at the age of twenty and survived, my sister didn't, when I was twenty three I was in yet another car which swerved off the bridge but somehow I survived again. My one request right now is that i see that bridge!" I begged, now the tears falling down my cheeks.

"Ma'am I'm afraid that's not possible"

I opened up the car door, causing him to stumble backwards, this was my chance! I grabbed my keys and ran as fast as I possibly could, I knew the way. I pushed through construction tape and knocked over metal barriers, "Hey come back here!" He shouted from behind me. Just another 100 meters or so!, just keep running! Tears still streamed down out of my eyes, I couldn't fail Nessa, I owed this to her! I came to more stop signs and warnings but I pushed them aside, there was cement trucks and tar rollers everywhere. Where was the bridge? I came to a complete stop and turned around, searching for the barriers. The flat ground went on for miles in all directions except for the one I ran from. What!? Where was the bridge? Did they really fill the whole place to make flat ground!?

"Ma'am you're breaking the law!" The worker ran up behind me, out of breath.

"Why do I do everything wrong!?" I cried as I turned to face him, he was shocked with my reaction.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" He said awkwardly,

"I just want things to go back to as they were" I sobbed as I began walking back in the direction of my car, I'm pretty sure he was too confused to bother following me back so he just stood there. I stumbled back into the car and began to cry.

"I'm sorry Nessa! I can't do anything right"

A/N: Sorry that these chapters are getting shorter but don't worry I have plans for this book and hopefully a sequel<3