Words

She opened her mouth and was about to say something.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nessa!" I shouted, tightening my grip on her hand. I closed my eyes and appeared in the room, "Nessa!" I called seeing her on the floor. Her body lay motionless and frail on the cold concrete ground.

"Roni keep going" she said but the words didn't come out of her mouth, her voice echoed in my ears,

"Why isn't it working!?"

"It is, just keep going with it, I'm just getting ready to come back. All I need you to do is make my body returnable, get Collins out and he'll forget but I need to warn you, when I return..." she was interrupted by Collins shaking me vigorously,

"Veronica what's wrong?" He asked worried.

"Go now, just leave, no questions" I answered, "you won't remember this so just go"

"What, no! You need me here!" He stated, keeping his ground.

"Collins!"

"Fine!" He left without saying goodbye, he just stormed out. Well that was weird.

"Nessa, are you ok?" I asked letting go of her hand and as soon as I did she lay back down. "Stop doing that! I can't keep hold of you the entire time!" Then I had an idea, I grabbed a locket from my drawer and hopped to the dining room seeing that Collins had left his jacket behind, great! I opened his pockets and found a ring, must've been a class ring or something. I grabbed some matches and began melting the jewelry together. It was a terrible job and in the end I just used some string, I hobbled back to my room and put the necklace around her neck, hopefully this will work. Yet again her body shot up but her eyes remained shut, her mouth opened to speak and again no words and out, well at least it worked. Now I don't have to keep holding her hand, she has a piece of two people always by her heart so she knows that there's justification.

I had no need of sleep so I made myself some coffee and watched some random tv shows on Netflix. I must have fallen asleep anyway and was awoken by a bang in the kitchen, I opened my eyes and was shocked by what I saw. I wasn't in my apartment anymore, I was still lying on the couch but my leg was fine and there was some of the same furniture. "Finally you're awake" she laughed bringing a bowl of porridge over to me, "I've been waiting ages to be myself"

"How is this happening?" I stuttered taken back,

"Oh Yeah Tommy's stopping by later to bring me out for brunch so you're by yourself for a few hours" she called from back in the kitchen. "You could call Chance? Maybe he'd accompany you till I get home" she smiled.

And before I knew it words were spilling out of my mouth, "Nessa I'm not a baby" I laughed, it was as if I had no control over anything and I was just seeing this through my own eyes.

"Well I'm still going out for brunch so yeah"

I suddenly snapped back to reality, back in my own apartment watching tv. What the heck was that, I hopped back to my room to find Nessa standing up now with her eyes wide open. I stood still, I had no clue what to do... "Nessa? Can you hear me?" I whispered nervously as if I was trying not to wake her up, she didn't answer which forced me to ask again. "Nessssssssa?" I shout whispered, I closed my eyes hoping I'd show up in the room and surprisingly I did. I was kinda proud of myself for making that happen.

"Yeah I can hear you, you're shouting!" She said from behind me,

"I was whispering plus you must be ready to come back! My heating bill is gonna be through the roof" I joked.

"Roni! I don't know what's wrong!" she answered, flopping back onto a sofa,

"Well are you ready to leave?"

Vanessa's POV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I ready to go? I let Roni fade away back to her life, as usual the room faded along with her and I was left in my subconscious. It's not like I have bags to pack, I'm literally a soul in nothing if that makes sense. I mean I don't really remember the outside world with my own body, sure I've been in Roni's twice but that's different. Whenever something made a noise in the real world that my real ears could hear it was deafening, as if someone was shouting as loud as they could into your ear. I saw Collins earlier which was really strange, I felt stronger after seeing him, Roni had convinced him to believe but I knew that he would leave at some point so I made sure that he'd forget everything once he left except somewhere deep in his mind he still believed.

I could sorta feel my body, I knew I was standing and I knew Roni was staring at me confused, she was in a weird mood, she must have drank coffee. I tried to control myself, I opened my mouth to speak, almost seeing Roni waiting patiently for me to talk. I obviously couldn't see because everything was too bright and I didn't dare open my eyes.

The strangest feeling ever occurred, I felt myself lifting up and dive into my body. I opened my mouth to speak and this time words came out.

(Double update for the first time ever! But I have some bad news... the book is obviously coming to an end but the good news is I have a mostly pre written book as the sequel! Thanks so much for reading<3)