The Stream

I smiled and leaned across the table smashing my lips into his "Of coarse!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived home with a smile slapped across my face. I have a boyfriend! I skipped up to my room and emptied the contents from my hand bag onto my bed, putting things away while I whittled away to myself. I stopped when I saw the dark bland black box sitting on my bed, I stared at it for a good while until I picked it up again. I tapped my fingers on the box and attempted to open it but it wouldn't budge! I shook it violently and still nothing happened. I placed it on my desk and went over to a desk in my bedroom. Ever since Nessa's funeral I knew that there had to be some shape or form to get her back and I knew when I did I would have to explain a lot of things to her so I thought the best way to tell her was to let her read what I had done. I pulled out a small notebook and opened it to a blank page. I began to write, I only ever did small messages cause I knew she would probably find it too boring to read.

Dear Nessa today Maon asked me to be his boyfriend and I said yes! I know you already know that he asked and when you come back it will probably be obvious that we're dating but i thought it would be nice to tell you anyways

I stuffed the notebook back in my shelf and stared at the black box. Do I do something with it? If I have to then what should I do? I decided that bringing it on a walk would be the best option cause for know I have no clue what to do.

My parents are making me go on walks for my only source of exercise cause doctors say it's one of the best ways to help with depression, Even though I kep telling them over and over again that I'm not depressed! They also make me drink a lot of milkshakes and eat a lot of meat cause I'm underweight.

I didn't bother bringing a bag I just brought it bare handed. I walked out of my house, holding the box at a fair distance from me chest. I had been walking for about 5 minutes and then my mind went blank, I blinked and when I opened my eyes I was in a white room. "Can you please give me warnings before summon me here? I'm kinda in the middle of a walk" I giggled. I began messing around with the box.

"So what did you say?" She asked praying for any source of gossip.

"What do you think? Duh!" I laughed.

"Ohhhhhh Roni's got a boyfriend" She chimed.

"Yeah I do and don't forget it!" I sang.

She walked out and approached me for a hug but stopped and glare at my hands "Why did you bring that!?" She asked angrily, pointing at the black box.

"I told you I was on a walk" I defended myself,

"I'm sorry Roni I'll see you when I see you" She stated before vanishing, everything around me faded and before I could reply I was back on the sidewalk, just standing there like a goon. What was up with her and this box? It was around 5:00 p.m and the streetlight were turning on. I wrapped Masons old superdry hoodie which I 'Borrowed' when I was at the hospital and never returned. I continued to walk down a long footpath trying to contemplate why Nessa freaked out so much over the black box.

I thought myself for a minute and then it clicked! I knew why she didn't want to be near the box! She had previously explained to me that the box can be possessed and that a spirit can use it to transport, maybe if a spirit goes to close they will be sucked in and trapped because with every positive comes a negative! By the time I had completely figured out why Nessa didn't want to be near the box I had no clue where I was.

"Come on!" I whispered to myself, I had wandered off trail and I was now right beside a field of crops. I took out my phone and I had no service! Of course this was bound to happen with my luck. I sighed and began walking back in the direction I came in. I ended up giving up on trying to find my way back and just searching for a signal. I walked around with my phone held high above my head looking like an idiot! I came across a path into a small forest, my phone had one bar all I needed was three more to make a stable phone call! I continues to walk through the wooded trail until I found a small stream.

The moonlight shone onto the water, reflecting all the beautiful wildlife and flowers. I gasped when I saw a waterfall higher up the stream. I made my way closer, admiring the wonderful glistening water. I ran my fingers gently through the fast moving water. I got lost in thought, the beauty of the stream had surprised me, I was tired and I guess I began to hallucinate because before I knew it Nessa was standing by my side, holding my hand. Tears formed in my eyes as I softly squeezed her hand. She felt so real but I knew it wasn't possible for her to be here. Her new place where her spirit lies doesn't allow her to appear in life form, only in dreams or thoughts, sometimes forced thoughts.

"I know you're not real but please just stay with me, just for a while, please just make it feel like the good old days where I had no worries" I whispered as my lips trembled. She nodded, I had dropped the black box, forgetting the importance it held.

I sat down beside her in silence, it was amazing, something I had missed. She laid her head on my shoulder. After a few minutes she spoke "Come with me" she whispered softly as she lifted her head.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She stood up and began walking towards the stream. "Nessa where are you going?" I asked, I didn't understand, I knew she wasn't real but something in my mind tried to force me into believing she was. "Nessa come back!" I shouted. She began walking into the stream, she kept going deeper and deeper, she was up to her neck in water.

"Roni come on, join me" She tried to persuade.

"Nessa come back!" I shouted again, by now I was just too confused to understand what was going on.

Then all of a sudden a voice come on in my head,it was the loudest thing I have ever heard. I buckled to my knees, covering my ears but it was no use, the voice was rambunctious.

"Roni don't!" The voice in my head ordered, "It's the black box! It must be a spirit that was hiding in there, don't listen to it!" I realised it was Nessa, her soft sweet voice in a stern tone. But her voice soft sweet voice was bursting my eardrums. I screamed in pain, clutching my ears. "Roni I'm sorry but this was the only way I could warn you, the box wouldn't let me contact you" She apologised. Her voice echoed through my ears, I had never heard anything so loud in my entire life.

Tears streamed down my face, I could feel blood trickling down my ears. I forced my eyes open to see 'Nessa' in the stream, I couldn't make out what she was saying but the longer I looked at her the less she began to look like Nessa. I looked around in search of the black box. I stumbled over to get it. I grabbed it and threw it into the stream, as soon as it splashed into the water the spirit had disappeared. I lay on the ground, breathing heavily and still tightly clutching my bleeding ears, all I could hear was a solid ringing. After that I must have blacked out with the pain.

(Hey Guys sorry for not updating in so long, hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for 15k reads! It means so much to me<3)