The Wake

I Love You Roni. Please Help Me!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly detached the oxygen tubes from my nose and placed it on my soft white painted bureau.

I glanced in the mirror to my mother who had her hands placed on my shoulders.

"Are you sure you're healthy enough to do that?" she asked concerned,

I gently nodded my head as she left me in privacy.

I stared at my reflection, at not only the face I knew but as well shared, I looked at our reflection, imagining her standing beside me, soothing me.

"Will I be ok?" I whispered as a tear slid down my rosy cheek.

I imagined her smiling "Of course you will"

I focused on my shaking hands, attempting to calm down... but I couldn't, I mean how could I?

I stood up to finish getting ready, I hopped over tigers lazy fluffy body.

I slipped my petite body into a silky knee length black satin dress.

I left my long loose curls fall naturally to my shoulders as I placed a black veil in my hair which draped over my entire face.

I slowly slipped each foot into soft black pumps, I looked like a griever, I glared at my flat pumps and kicked them off. I went to my wardrobe and grabbed a tall pair of black high heels and placed them on my feet. Just because I was upset didn't mean I couldn't be fashionable right?

I walked over to the door and placed my hand on the handle but quickly letting it fall to my side.

"Look, I'm not capable of handling this much pain, but I would go through one hundred times worse if I could just be with you for one second" I whispered, closing my eyes and picturing her in my mind.

I waited there, somehow believing she would answer me, believing that she might laugh at my cringyness or run into my arms. But I remained waiting, like always.

"Veronica it's time" My parents called from downstairs,

"Goodbye" I whispered, still hoping for an answer.

First was the wake, something I barley attended because it was too much, Nessa's coffin lay open. She looked stunning, her makeup was perfect along with her clothing, in her hands she held a single red rose and by her side was a doll, it was Murie, a loved childhood toy.

I left after five minutes due to an oncoming panic attack.

I sat in the bathroom stall sobbing into my hands, it only occurred to me, as I was standing alongside her mahogany coffin that this was it.

She was gone. Forever.

(9k! <3 I'm so happy! Thank you guys so much!<3)