Requests

"I would like to dig up my sister's grave"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ma'am I don't understand your requirements" The secretary stated.

I stood on the opposite side of the glass in the lobby, I was still shivering from the horrendous weather from outside.

"My name is Veronica Merrell, my twin sister Vanessa Merrell died several years ago and my parents buried her body but a few weeks ago she returned and died again so we buried her... again" I explained as a few stray tears made their way down my cheeks.

I could hear his fingers tapping softly away at his keyboard, "Ah Yes Miss Merrell I can see you were in a station across town only a few weeks ago... and it burned down" he assured.

"Yes I know I vividly remember" I replied. "May I please speak with an officer?!"

"I'm afraid we will have to test you for any drugs or consumed alcohol ma'am" He stated.

"Why does everyone always think I'm high or drunk!?" I shouted.

"In our defence Miss Merrell your case is a little, may I say twisted?"

Mason walked up behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders, "Everything alright sir?"

"Everythings fine young gentleman, We just need this young 'friend' of yours to come and take some tests for us" The secretary responded harshly, he was growing agitated and I could tell I was bothering him.

"She's not high!" Mason defended,

"We just need to run some tests" The secretary repeated.

"Bu..."

"Mason it's fine just let them do the tests" I interrupted, all I wanted right now was to talk to a police officer about Nessa.

The secretary picked up his phone and began speaking to someone on the other line, in a few seconds after he hung up two police men walked in and told me to follow them. They led me to a small interrogation room to ask a few questions and began discussing what my issue was.

"Now Miss Merrell what are you implying for us to do?" One of the sergeants asked.

"My sister Vanessa Merrell passed away after a severe car accident several years ago as you know, She was officially pronounced dead so my parents and the press claim that she was buried in a casket and still remains where they buried her, untouched. But what I'm confused about is how a few weeks ago when she supposedly died for the second time she was buried again" I stated. I left out a couple of minor details like how her ghost was transmitted back into her body, she became human again and how she actually died. "As her closest relative and friend I would personally like to know if there is two bodies or one" I finished.

The cops looked as if they would burst out laughing, but the stern angry look on my face warned them not to. "Alright sweetie may you please go put your urine in this small container so we can test if you are high?" The cop chuckled handing me a small cup.

I grabbed the container and did what I had to do.

I walked out to the lobby where I saw Mason sleeping with his head resting on his hand. He looked really cute! I went and sat beside him. All I have to do is wait twenty minutes for the test to be completed and then I can get back to persuading the investigators to dig up Nessa's grave.

I was bored and lonely, I didn't want to wake Mason up because he looked like he hasn't slept in days.

I pulled out Nessa's phone and stared at it, the sharp broken glass glistened from every corner in the burning fluorescent lighting. I used my thumb to unlock it. It all looked the same, nothing had changed, well I mean why would it have. We pretty much shared phones.

I opened up messages again and glared at the texts, my eyes stung. Who the hell was J? I mean it definitely wasn't Milten because he wasn't evil until Jackson betrayed him... Jackson! Oh My Gosh J must be Jackson! I mean he was leader of the other side!

I heard a small sarcastic giggle, I shot my head up but nobody was there, I looked back at the phone, "Well done you finally figured out who it was! Now can you connect the dots?" a voice which sounded painfully familiar whispered.

Jackson was the one who caused us to drive off that bridge... That is why Nessa took over the wheel because she knew He couldn't crash the car if I was driving it, I would have probably swerved out of the way! He probably covered it up with a drunk driver!

"Can you figure out more?" the voice asked me, I decided to answer back even though I was almost certain that it was just my imagination.

"Can you tell me Nessa?" I whispered aloud but not loud enough for anyone to hear.

There was no reply! I knew it this was all just my imagination. I'm going crazy!? Nah. I laughed at myself. Wow, if I am going crazy maybe I can just imagine a life where everything wasn't so freaking confusing!

"It doesn't work like that" I heard her reply.

My mouth went dry, there was complete silence, her voice rang in my ears. "So I'm not crazy?" I whispered.

"No" She giggled.

Then all the day to day sounds returned like the wind on the windows and the water fountain gurgling. What the hell just happened? My eyes focused and I realised what I was doing.

Should I really get the police involved? I mean they're just gonna ask questions that I can't answer or answers they won't believe. I dug my face in my hands and rubbed my sore tired eyes under my glasses.

"Miss Veronica Merrell your tests results have come through, may you please come back with us" An officer stated over an intercom.

This was it, This was my chance to either figure this out with professional help or ditch this and dig her grave myself. I tapped my fingers along the armrest of my chair, biting my lip trying to make up my mind. What do I do?! "Miss Veronica Merrell please come back to us" The intercom repeated. Mason bolted upright, he looked confused for a moment but then saw me and remembered where he was.

He could sense my anxiety, "Veronica are you sure you wanna do this" He asked tiredly.

I stared into his glistening eyes, for one second they distracted me from everything. "Umm I guess" I answered, getting up slowly and walking down the hall to the room where the police officers were.

As soon as I entered the room I was asked to sit down.

"Miss Merrell your tests came back negative" one of them stated.

"I don't see why it wouldn't have" I replied.

"Now, what you were asking us earlier was a very serious matter, we can't just go digging up your 'dead' sister's grave, that's extremely disrespectful"

I tried my best to hide my hurt feelings and replace them with optimistic ones. "I know officers but put yourselves in my shoes, you would want to know how this is possible, wouldn't you?" I asked, hoping for sympathy.

"Do you have solid proof that you are Veronica Merrell? Do you have any ID?" One of them asked.

I glared at them surprised out of my mind! "Do you want to hook me up to a machine? Or does the fact that we're identical twins not indicate anything at all?" I answered sarcastically.

They gave me a stern look, I reached into my pocket, the only thing there was Nessa's phone. "I don't have any solid proof" I whispered.

"We'll make this easy on you, instead of making you drive home we will pull up some fingerprints from Veronica Merrell's file and see if they match yours OK?" one of the cops said.

I nodded my head, relieved that I wouldn't have to face my parents and explain to them that I had changed my mind and had decided to dig up Nessa's grave without consulting them.

The guard pulled out ink and a special paper and began to print my fingers. After about 10 minutes he had matched the prints.

"Alright Miss Merrell tell us exactly what you need done and we will attempt to complete your request"

(A/N: I'm sorry that these chapters are dragging on but I promise I will get back on track I just need to clear up the boring parts <3)