Lightning

"Promise" She giggled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked into reception with disgust drawn all over my face, I couldn't believe today was the day I was moving in. The lobby was nice and fancy, I walked up to the front desk and she handed me the key after I gave her my details, I made my way up to the second floor and found my apartment. I pushed open the door to see an amazing modern set up right in front of me, The place was colored with a soft grey and white, from the door to my right was an amazing kitchen that wasn't too big, straight in front of me was the big living room with a view of Los Angeles! There was a hall beside the kitchen which led to two master bedrooms and a bathroom. I could get used to this place! I decided that know would be the good time to start bringing my stuff in, it took hours and hours to lug all my boxes up to my new apartment and many many extra trips home. I went to target to get some groceries to make my own meals, when I finally had the chance to sink into the place I flopped onto the couch. I was here! This place was mine, no rent, it was mine! I could do whatever I wanted to the place.

It was now extremely late and I would have done anything for sleep but there was something I needed to do. I drove back to the house to pick up some final items, it was around 2 a.m and my parents new I'd be in and out so they wouldn't mind. I brought some extra boxes to carry things, I tiptoed up the stairs and took an unusual turn so I ended up in front of Nessa's door, I quietly pushed open the door and crept in. I glanced around the room and placed down each box and began to pile stuff in, photo's, teddies, books and pretty much anything I could find that I wanted. The boxes were full to the brim and so were my eyes with tears, I couldn't believe I had to leave this place behind cause it held so many amazing memories!

I flopped down on my new bed in my new apartment and fell almost instantly asleep.

-

I blasted upwards into a seating position, I woke up drenched in sweat and out of breath, "It was just a dream" I whispered to myself. My duvet was on the ground and my mattress was pushed out from the bed frame, trust me it was a bad dream. I jumped into the shower, dried my hair and brushed my teeth, I was never really hungry in the mornings, just bored. I sat down on the couch wondering what to do when I realised something, "Wow! I am a really boring person!" I laughed, I grabbed my phone to see several missed calls from my dad. I immediately rang him back,

"Veronica! He answered sternly,

"Yeah?"

"What have you done to your sister's room!?" He shouted, now they cared.

"Say her name! I whispered, sick of them only referring her as just my 'sister',

"You are to return her stuff as soon as possible! That is not fair on your mother and I!"

"You know what dad? She's dead. Get over it, the truth is you'll never see her again nor will I in fact no one ever will, so if you're getting worried over the fact that her room isn't exactly how she left it here's a quick reminder: she doesn't care! She'll never see it so you and mom can do whatever you want to place" I bellowed into the phone, "Oh yeah and her name is Vanessa!" I reminded him as I hung up and threw my phone across the room.

It started ringing again, I didn't want to be that mean so I went over to answer but it wasn't Dad that was calling, it was Mason.

"Hey um Veronica?" he asked shakily, he sounded scared and worried,

"Yeah?" I answered confused.

"My parents are away and I have no one else to call..." he bagan,

"Mason what's wrong!?" I asked worriedly,

"I Need your help. Come quick." He said and quickly hung up, he sent me directions so I ran downstairs and hopped into my car, I stuck my phone above the radio and began speeding towards him.

About an hour had passed and I had drove into what seemed like a massive thunderstorm, my windscreen wipers were moving as fast as they could and I had to squint my eyes and lean forward to see the road. I came to a stop when I saw Masons Jeep parked on the side of the country street. I looked to my right to see the field. This was the one place where I didn't check cause Nessa had contacted me.

I slowly got out of the car, tensing my shoulders cause of the cold rain, in seconds was already soaked. I made my way into the overgrown field where I saw Mason standing in flannel and jeans but they were soaking, I ran towards him, I wrapped my arms around myself to keep warm.

"Why are we here!?" I shouted over the loud lashing rain, I heard thunder and a flash distracted me in the distance,

"I'm not sure! I had a dream! This girl that looked like you ordered me to come here!"

"We're here because of your dream?" I laughed as I shivered realising how ridiculous this was,

"Just wait!" He shouted. I turned around for a split second and saw a flash of lightning only a few meters away, We were forced to the ground where we covered our heads, my eyesight was all black and polka dotty. "Roni!" he called, shaking my shoulder, he picked me off the ground and helped me to my feet, "Are you alright!?" I nodded as I rubbed my eyes I could see the smoke rising from where the lightning struck. We ran towards it to see a body lying on the ground, I screamed and ran into Masons arms. He soothed me as he got closer to the body, he pushed it with his foot. It was... Nessa? "THAT'S THE GIRL FROM MY DREAM!" He shouted,

"Nessa!" I screamed as I fell to my knees, shaking her, Mason pulled me back as I sobbed on his shoulder I watched as her body slowly vanished.

"Congrats" She laughed giving me a hug, I was with Nessa in the room again,

"What?" I sobbed as I wiped some tears away,

"No one believed you, that I was killed by someone. Everyone said it was lightning and there you have it! I was officially killed of a lightning strike!" She laughed,

"How?"

"Easy! I got into this boyfriend of yours mind and ordered him to go to the field, invite you and watch me die!" She smiled.

"So... I'm another step closer?"I asked hopefully,

She nodded as I quickly returned to the field where I was sobbing in his arms, I quickly stopped and stared into his eyes, "We tell no one about this, ok?" He slowly nodded as we walked back to the car.

"I'm so confused" he whispered as the rain continued to pour around us,

"So am I" I replied, shivering. He pulled me over to his car and pulled out a jumper from the boot,

"Wear this!"

I thanked him, gave him a kiss and ran back to my car, throwing on the jumper.

I guess my life wasn't so boring after all.

(This is to make up for all my short chapters XD Thanks for reading!<3)