Pokemon School #71 ~ Ash Vs Gary, A New Beginning!

It was Wednesday morning and Ash was enjoying breakfast with Delia and Pikachu at the living room table while Gary, Clemont and Hau had already left for school to get ready for the tournament later.

Delia: I've heard the Sycamore High battle tournament starts today!

Pikachu: Pika!

Ash: Right! The first battle will be me and Gary!

Delia: Oh! How exciting!

Ash: Will you be watching? Everyone else will!

Pikachu: Pika!

Delia: I'll be happy to! But will you be alright with everyone watching?

Ash: Of course! I've battled in multiple leagues in front of thousands of people many times! I'm ready for anything that Gary will throw in my way!

Delia: There's the motivated Ash I know! Now hurry up and eat your pancakes, you too Pikachu! We don't want to be late for professor Sycamore's speech.

Ash: Of course not! You know what Sycamore is like when it comes to speeches.

Delia: Okay... Finish your pancakes then we can get going!

Ash: Let's do our best today Pikachu!

Pikachu: Pika!

Delia smiled as Ash and Pikachu held their forks up high into the sky then dug into their pancakes. After a few minutes of scoffing their faces with pancakes the two looked bloated, so Delia sighed and took their plates over to the kitchen sink and began to wash up.

Delia: So dear, what three Pokemon will you use against Gary?

Ash: Huh?... Oh! I already know that!

Pikachu: Pika?

Ash: Don't worry Pikachu! Of course I'm using you!

Pikachu: Pika!

The electric mouse jumped up in excitement after being selected for Ash's team against Gary.

Delia: I should of known you would pick Pikachu, but what other two Pokemon will you be choosing?

Ash dug his right hand into his right trouser pocket and rummaged around the free space until he brought out a small shiny stone which intrigued Delia.

Ash: This is a Sceptilite. I want to use it against Gary so that means I'll also be using Sceptile.

Delia: A Sceptilite?... What is it and where did you get it from?

Ash: It's a mega stone, Steven stone gave it to me when I was away with the frontier brains, but the trainer also needs a stone called the keystone.

Delia: Huh?! Steven.....

Ash: Of course! Steven gave me both the mega stone and keystone.

Delia: After your battle with Gary later there is something I need to tell the two of you involving Steven Stone.

Pikachu: Pika?

Ash: Why can't you tell me now then Gary later?

Delia: There's a decision the two of you need to make, so I want the two of you to be together when I tell you.

Ash: Okay..

Pikachu: Pika..

Delia: Why don't you and Pikachu brush your teeth while I finish off cleaning these plates then we can head off to Sycamore High for the tournament!