Pokemon School #173 ~ A Stoutland Mystery!

February 25th 2017 ~

After a brief encounter with Litten, Ash and Pikachu were greeted by an elderly woman called Sherry. Our two heroes learned more about the mysterious Litten and how it happens to visit the berry market quite often to fetch something to eat.

Ash and Pikachu have said their goodbyes and thanked Sherry for her help, and are now returning to the Pokemon School. However, as they approached the start of the long trek up the hill leading to the school grounds the bushes around the two began rustling vigorously catching their attention instantly.

Turning their heads to the direction of the rustling, Ash and Pikachu concentrated on that certain area waiting for their follower to reveal itself.

Ash: Pikachu, get ready. Whoever or whatever is in that bush may try to attack us.

Pikachu: Pika!

Pikachu's zigzagged tail slowly lifted from the ground as the four legged yellow mouse dug his paws deeper into the rough ground for extra grip.

Small sparks of electricity began to travel between Pikachu's two red cheeks indicating Pikachu was ready for what was waiting in the bushes for him and Ash, but no longer than a few seconds later a four legged figure slowly revealed itself and eventually collapsed.

Ash: I-It's Stoutland!

Pikachu: Pika pi?!

The two were infiltrated with astonishment as they stood staring at Stoutland's lifeless body only for Ash and Pikachu to gradually snap out of their shocked trance and rushed over to Stoutland's side.

The Kantonian placed his right hand a few inches away from Stoutland's dry mouth hoping to feel a light tickle along his palm which would be Stoutland's breath. It took a few seconds for Ash to make a conclusion, but he was able to feel a slight tickle along his palm indicating Stoutland was still breathing, so without hesitation Ash used all his might to get underneath Stoutland and support him with his back.

Even though Stoutland was extremely heavy for Ash the young trainer had no intentions of giving up, so slowly step by step Ash nudged his body closer in the direction of the Pokemon Centre in Hau'Oli city which was a ten minute walk from where he currently stood.

With Ash occupied with Stoutland, Pikachu quickly noticed that his trainer was trying his best to carry the large dog like Pokemon, so limited to what he could actually do Pikachu began to release his signature "Pika" cry cheering Ash on.

Ash: Don't worry, Stoutland. We'll get you some help soon. Just hang in there....

***

Waiter Spencer: Good afternoon Master Shota and Mr. Sycamore. Master Siebold has told me the two of you are special guests, so please, let me allocate you to your seats.

As Waiter Spencer guided Sycamore and Shota through waves of chairs and tables, Professor Sycamore gently nudged Shota to gain his attention. As Shota turned his head he was greeted by a gigantic grin.

Shota: Professor.... You're creeping me out with that smile.

Sycamore: Sorry... I'm just excited that we get to sit and eat in the special visitors section.