Pokemon School #110 ~ Old Friends With A New Goal!

Ash, Pikachu and their friends have finally made it to Veilstone city where the double battle tournament will be hosted. Back in Canalave city Ash bumped into Barry who joined them on their travels to Veilstone, but also joining them will be Dawn who will be meeting them in the Pokemon centre where they're currently preparing for the first round of the tournament which starts tomorrow.

Barry: So Ash! What did you decide to do after you left Sinnoh?

Ash: Well... I took a short break in Pallet town then after awhile, me, Pikachu, my mum and Professor Oak travelled by plane to Nuvemba town in the Unova region.

Barry: The Unova region?!

Ash: That's right. I travelled alongside two others called Cilan and Iris who are currently on their own journeys now.

Barry: Interesting.... Let me guess you travelled throughout Unova to collect eight gym badges like you originally did in the other regions you travelled.

Ash: Of course! But apart from collecting gym badges I caught many Pokemon during my travels.

Barry: What Pokemon did you catch?

Ash: Oshawott, Snivy, Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Unfezant, Krookodile, Boldore and Scraggy.

Barry: I've never heard of those Pokemon before! Have you got any of them with you now?

Ash: Sadly no, but I have chosen some that you may know.

Barry: Wow really?! Can you show me your team?

Ash: Wha-what?! No! We're going to be rivals in the tournament, so I can't show you my team...

Barry: Pleaseeeeeee! I'll show you my team!

Ash: Really? You're going to announce your team like that?

Barry: Either way your team will be shown now or later.

Ash: What do you mean by that?

Pikachu: Pika?

Barry: Well you see... When you register for the tournament at the front desk, Nurse Joy will take your details then on the screen above the front desk it will show your face alongside the gym badges and Pokemon you currently possess.

Ash: No way... Why is it like that?

Barry: It's a rule that was introduced to the tournament so it would give each trainer an idea of what their opponents will battle like.

Ash: So this tournament is a strict, but tough one too.

Barry: You can say that again! I entered it last year and got destroyed!

Ash: But like I always say! The tougher the opponents the more fun me and my Pokemon will have!

Barry: Oh boy, you're a go getting kind of guy still.

Mallow: Hey Ash! I'm all registered! All you need to do now is register then we're both qualified to become a tag team!

Ash and Barry turned their heads in the direction of Mallow's voice and watched her and Clemont as they returned from the front desk.

Ash: Great! I'll go register now. Barry you coming?

Barry: Oh right! I need to register too!

Mallow: What about Dawn? Will she be here soon?

Barry: She said that this would be the kind of time she would be here by....

Dawn: Wait! I'm here!

Everyone looked over at the front doors of the Pokemon centre as a young girl with a Piplup by her side dashed into the building.

Barry: Dawn! Talk about taking your time!