Pokemon School #153 ~ A Breath Taking Dilemma!

February 1st 2017 ~

Ash: Come on, Pikachu! Swim faster!

Lana: Keep it up Popplio! You're in the lead!

Blood pressures were increasing as Ash has just started his second trial against Lana. It was a big surprise to him after Lana revealed everything the night before, so with eagerness flowing through his blood he was determined to take on Lana and her challenges, but first was the swimming race.

Standing on top of a Wailmer, Professor Kukui stood one hundred metres from the shore line of Melemele's beach. He impersonated the finish line for the speeding Pikachu and Popplio as the pair of Pokemon dashed towards the finish line in a one sided race.

Ash: Swim faster Pikachu! You need to catch up with Popplio!

Lana: A little further! You're almost there!

Lana cheered with her arms held high punching the air in excitement as Popplio dived into the water and performed a beautiful back flip over the finish line. Admiring the seal like Pokemon, Pikachu came to a complete halt as he enjoyed a front row seat.

Professor Kukui: Popplio finished in first place!

The Professor began waving the black and white checker flag wildly as once Popplio had finished the line. However, Ash and Pikachu were still stationary as their eyes stretched out in shock after what they had witnessed.

Once Professor Kukui returned to the shore along with Pikachu and Popplio, Lana wanted to explain what the next challenge was to Ash.

Lana: So, looks like I won the first round.

Ash: Me and Pikachu were no match for an excellent swimmer and Trial Captain.

Lana: Oh.... T-Thank you.

A light ray of red brushed upon Lana's cheeks while Popplio barked, clapping its fins together as a appreciation towards Ash's compliment.

Ash: So, what do you have in store for round two?

Kukui: Patience Ash. Allow the Trial Captain to explain.

Lana: Don't worry, Professor. It really is understandable for why Ash is excited since he is still new to Alola's battling system.

Kukui: I guess you're right.... Alright, carry on.

Lana: Okay, Ash! Your next challenge will be surfing!

Ash: S-Surfing?!

Lana: Allow me to explain. You're going to place your board into the water and lay on it. Proceed to paddle with arms so you reach a far distance, then Professor Kukui and Wailmer will meet you out there and with the help of the group of Wailmer they will create different waves according to height, length, speed and power.

Ash: This sounds insane, but I love it!

Lana: Popplio and Pikachu can watch us since they won't be needed for this challenge.

Ash: So a face off between me and you! You're on!

Lana agreed with a slight nod as a confident smile ran wild upon her face, but it wasn't long before Ash and Lana squeezed into their surfing gear ready to tackle the challenge.

Lana: Shall I go first to set an example or will the challenger go first?

Ash: Hmm.... Why don't you go first, so then I know how to beat my opponent.

Lana: Confidence is very high with you Ash. I admire it...

Ash: Huh?

Lana: N-Nothing!