Pokemon School #79 ~ A Returning Gift ~ Part Two!

Ash and Pikachu stood at the doorway as they stared at Shota who had just woken up. At first the Kantonian couldn't believe what he was seeing, so to make sure he wasn't imagining things he blinked a few times then rubbed his eyes to make sure he was wide awake, but still he saw Shota sitting up.

Ash: Pikachu quick! Use thunderbolt on me!

Pikachu: Pika?...

Ash: I need to make sure I'm not dreaming!

Pikachu: Pika....

Shota: A-Ash?...

Pikachu looked dumbfounded at his trainer, but followed his commands, so he sparked his bright red cheeks and shocked Ash with a weak Thunderbolt making him squeal in pain.

Pikachu: Pika pi?

Ash: Owwwwww.....I think that did the trick.

Shota: You're not dreaming Ash...

Ash: You're awake!.... I can't believe you're awake!

Shota: What happened?...All I remember is battling Paul alongside you then the next thing I see is you running over to me...

Shota looked puzzled as he locked onto Ash, but Ash knew he had to tell Shota what happened.

Ash: Paul....He ordered Elekid to use Thunder on you...I saw you get hit and immediately ran over to you when you fell to the ground.

Shota: What happened to me after?

Ash: Me and Sycamore carried you to the Pokemon centre that we're currently in and Nurse Joy treated you while everyone waited in the main room for your medical status.

Shota: What was the outcome?...

Pikachu jumped up onto Shota's bed to comfort him as Ash took a deep breath and looked over at Shota.

Ash: Nurse Joy said you entered a coma...

Shota: I went into a coma?!....

Ash: That's right...You've been asleep for awhile Shota...It's been a few weeks.

Pikachu: Pika...

Shota: I've been asleep for that long?!

Ash: Sure have...Sadly you've missed the tournament.

Shota: What?!...I really wanted to participate..

Ash: I know how devastated you are, but there's always next year right?

Shota: Of course! But who won the tournament?

Ash: The final is next monday between Gary and the winner of today's semi-final battle between Calem and Tierno.

Shota: Wait?!..You didn't get through to the finals?...I wanted you to win...

Ash: The first round was me against Gary. We were down to our last Pokemon, Sceptile against Blastoise, but then I used mega evolution and it got bad...

Pikachu: Pika..

Shota: Why?..What happened?

As Shota scratched behind Pikachu's right ear, Ash sat down on the chair beside Shota's bed.

Ash: Sceptile mega evolved, but when I shouted an attack Sceptile ignored me. Then it turned against me and fired it's Solarbeam attack at me, so I had to return Sceptile back to his Pokeball. After that the referee decided to disqualify me for returning Sceptile back to his Pokeball which made Gary the victor.