Pokemon School #143 ~ A Merry Poke-Christmas ~ Part Two!

December 25th 2016 ~

Ash's POV

Placing my warm toasty hands on Lillie's small present, I noticed everyone was watching me with carefully as I slowly clawed at the wrapping paper. At first I felt a bit buggy about it, but I'm guessing all the adrenaline took over as I ignored all the attention I was getting shredding the remaining wrapping paper still attached to the present.

Eventually revealing itself Lillie's present sat on my lap sparkling in my eyes. It was a hat! There was broken white circle printed on the red crown, the bill was white with blue surrounding the edges and the panels were also coated red. I stared at my new gift with stars in my eyes. I felt so chuffed with the present Lillie gave to me that now my wildly free hair can now be controlled.

"Thank you Lillie! This present is amazing!" I cheerfully said, inflicting a much larger smile upon her face.

"Mallow helped me with what genre of gift I should get for you, then I found this hat which had you written all over it. I knew it would be perfect for you!" Claimed Lillie as her cheeks began to glow in redness.

Instantly registering in my mind that Lillie was happy with my reaction I plumped my new hat on top of my messy raven hair emitting a large cheeky grin.

I continued to open the rest of my presents from the others. Kiawe gave me something precious to him, it was a Heavy Ball. A rare variation of a Pokeball. Kau'i bought me summer clothes to relax in while I was on the beach. Mallow treated me, Rowlett and Pikachu with piles of different berries exclusive to Alola. Sophocles gave me a tracking radar which can detect a frequency of an Electric-type's movement. Lana handed down a family tradition, an old fishing rod which was used by her father to capture a red Gyarados and finally, Professor Kukui and Burnet came over with two gifts.

"Here Ash, a present from me and my wife." The Professor kindly said as he and his wife, Professor Burnet watched me unwrap the bigger one first. As I ripped layers off I caught a glimpse of the present. It was the same shape as the box Professor Kukui used to gift me Rotom. Cracking open the box a lively object burst out without warning zipping around the entire room.

I quickly caught on to what the present was. My present eventually stopped a few inches away from my face waving its red metal arms around. "Zttzzzzzz Ash! Its good to see you again friend!"

"Hey its Rotom! You've been away for some time" I claimed, looking over at Professor Kukui for answers.

The Professor began to panic trying to think of an excuse, but in the end he gave up. "When I told you Ash about updating Rotom's database because of your encounter with Tapu Koko. My initial thoughts were that updating the database wouldn't take long, although I had the right equipment to do so I struggled, but hey cousin! I managed to upgrade Rotom in the end!"

"You sure did..." I sighed, looking over at an exhausted Professor, but now it was time to open the other present which I presumed it was from Professor Burnet. Shredding the wrapping paper again for the one hundredth time today it felt like, I dug my fingers to the core of the present and what I saw amazed me. I felt so confused, but happy at the same time.

Ash pulled a medium sized picture frame out from he rubble of wrapping paper and continued to stare at the photograph behind the glass shield.

Ash: Where.... Where did you get this?

Burnet: I've had hold of it for sometime. Eight years to be exact and I waited a special day to show you that picture.

Hau: What does the

The Kantonian passed it over to Hau only for his cousin to be surrounded my Lillie and all his other friends. Ash watched as each of their faces dropped in amazement realising what the picture held memories of.