Pokemon School #150 ~ Ash Vs Hala, Grandson Vs Grandpa ~ Part One!

January 27th 2017 ~

Friday morning, the day Ash would finally take on his grandpa, Hala. His grandfather's occupation is the Island Kahuna of Melemele Island. An Island Kahuna is a person who presides over a certain island challenge in the Alola region. Island Kahunas serve as the final obstacle in that particular island's trial and battle a trainer in a Grand Trial.

Ash's POV

Finally! The day I've long awaited for. The day I'll be taking on my grandpa, Hala. I need to defeat him in order to progress further with my trials while it will also help me progress as a trainer. Anyway... I was informed by Hau to meet him before school because Hala was planning something special for our battle, so me and Pikachu are currently walking to meet Hau which wasn't going to be too much of a wait because I could see him standing in front of the school gates from the bottom of the trail that lead to the 'Pokemon School'.

Hau: Morning Ash and Pikachu!

Pikachu: Pika!

Ash: Morning, Hau! You seem very energetic.

Hau: Why wouldn't I be?! My cousin will be battling my grandpa! How awesome is that?!

Ash: Sounds like a blast... Don't worry, I'll make sure to give it my all and show how strong we can be! Right Pikachu?!

Pikachu: Pika!

The confident duo screwed their hands and paws up to form a fist, punching the sky above them in excitement as the time for their battle drew closer. Upon entering the school grounds all the students ranging from different years watched  Ash, Hau and Pikachu enter the campus like they were celebrities with their beady eyes.

Ash: Why are all the students standing outside? Anddd.... Why are they all staring at me?

Hau: I wish I could tell you, but grandpa wanted to tell you himself.

Ash: Huh?! Grandpa is here?!

Hau: Yes, and that is all I'm saying.

Ash: How strange... Why would grandpa be here when the two of us both agreed to battle when school finishes.

Hau: Who knows, but I have a strong feeling that you'll find out very soon.

Ash: You're definitely hiding something.... I can easily tell, but fine. I'll wait.

Hau: Great! Now follow me to the back of the building.

Ash: Back of the building? My lessons are inside the building.

Pikachu: Pika?

Hau: Come on! It won't take long!

Without announcing a warning, Hau swooped in with his right hand grabbing Ash's left wrist and began pulling his cousin towards the back of the school. Ash sighed and allowed Hau to carry on pulling him, but it took large amounts of effort since the raven haired trainer insisted not to put any effort into moving a single muscle until they reached the far end of the building.

Ash's eyes widened in shock as he found a giant battlefield with rows of wooden seats surrounding the field, but he was more surprised to find most of the students along with Professor Kukui, Burnet, Hala and all his classmates standing before him with large smiles upon their Alolan faces.

Lillie: Surprise Ash!

Burnet: We thought we would surprise you!

Ash: Surprise me?... You caught me off guard!

As he rubbed the back of his sweaty head due to how nervous he suddenly became after a wave of people approached him, Hala broke through the middle of the chaotic sea standing tall with unlimited power floating around him as he stared down as his grandson.