Pokemon School #80 ~ Breaking Through The Cyllage Wall!

Ash: We've finally made it! We're finally in Cyllage city!

Pikachu: Pika!

It is Saturday morning and Ash, Shota and Pikachu had finally made it to Cyllage city for Ash's gym battle against Grant. Serena was invited by Ash yesterday, but she already had plans with Mallow and Lillie as they planned a Saturday day out with Gary, Tierno, Clemont, Miette, Trevor and Calem.

But Ash's main focus was on beating Grant for his second gym badge.

Shota: It sure has been a long time since I've walked so far...

Ash: Are you okay Shota? We can take a break at the Pokemon centre?

Shota managed to catch his breath back after a long walk from Vaniville Town all the way to Cyllage City. Since Shota has woken up a few days ago, he's been getting use to his surroundings after being stuck in bed for the past few weeks.

Shota: I'm fine Ash....Let's just go to the gym and get your second gym badge!

Ash: Okay! But if you ever need to stop and take a break just let me know okay?!

Pikachu: Pika pi!

Shota: Sure thing Ash!

The two boys exchanged smiles and began walking to the gym. Walking through the city they saw many structures like the very same hotel Ash had stayed in with Serena a while back. They even walked past a clothe and bike shop which got Ash intrigued, but with the help of Shota and Pikachu they dragged Ash away from the bike shop and carried on walking to the gym.

The three had finally made it to the entrance of the gym where they were greeted by Grant himself.

Grant: I thought you would be arriving around this time Ash!

Ash: You knew?...But how?!

Grant: I always study my opponents from the first second I meet them! Their personality, Pokemon, strategies anything that will help me with my analyzing!

Shota: Wow!...Pokemon battles seem to be more complicated than I thought!

Grant: It becomes easier the more you study your opponent! Once you find the main points, you can overcome your first wall and make your move! But concentration is the key!

Shota: Concentration?

Grant: Follow me, I'll show you!

Grant showed the two boys and Pikachu into the gym. Once they arrived in the main room their eyes laid upon a large mountain.

Ash: Woah!....Look at how big that is!

Pikachu: Pikaaaa

Grant: Before we have our battle Ash, you must decide on either climbing this wall or taking the elevator. Whatever you choose will not affect our battle, but I would like to see what you will learn from this.

Ash: Sure! I'll climb this!

Shota looked straight up only to realize how high the mountain actually was.

Shota: Err.... Ash? Are you sure about this?

Ash: Of course! When a challenge comes I'm up for it!

Grant: Shota, we can take the elevator while Ash tackles the mountain.

Shota: Okay!

Grant and Shota entered the elevator and went up to the top floor where the battlefield is.

Ash: Are you ready Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pika!

Ash: Let's get moving buddy!