Pokemon School #143 ~ A Merry Poke-Christmas ~Part One!

December 25th 2016 ~

The day is finally here! Christmas Day, the time for family and friends to celebrate for a good cause while opening presents and eating Pignites in blankets.... Wait what? Never mind.

Rising up from his sofa bed, the young boy from Kanto still hasn't processed through his mind what day it was, but luckily Pikachu was already awake waiting for his trainer's engine to start roaring.

With all his might, Pikachu used his signature cry "Pika!" as an alarm clock. After many attempts the Kantonian managed to sit up after hearing his Pokemon shouting. Looking around his bedroom slowly discovering his location he noticed Pikachu was wearing a red hat. Not able to properly see yet due to morning tiredness, Ash squinted his eyes as tight as he could using the best of his vision to eventually work out Pikachu was wearing a Christmas hat.

At first he felt confused, then it hit him.

Ash's POV

"Its Christmas?! How could I forget that today was Christmas Day?!" I screamed, grabbing Pikachu by his sides in excitement.

"Pika?" Pikachu said, returning a worried look on his face, but I was too excited too even think about putting him down, so I jumped off my bed slipping my bare cold feet into a pair of cosy Mareep slippers.

Having to slide down a ladder in order to reach the lower floor, I released Pikachu allowing him to place himself on my right shoulder. Carefully, I placed both of my hands and feet on the side of the ladder and eased down the metal frame gradually closing the distance between my slipper covered feet and the wooden floorboards.

Once I found safe ground I marched towards the living room and as I entered the massive room I found all of my classmates along with their families talking with Professor Kukui and Burnet.

Upon arriving my presence was quickly sensed by my cousin Hau who immediately raced over slotting a bright red Christmas hat on top of my messy raven hair.

Hau: Time to break into the Christmas spirit Ash!

Ash: Sure!, but I never expected everyone to be here this early in the morning. Especially on Christmas day.

Burnet: We've done this every year Ash, yet since this is your first Christmas here in Alola we thought about gathering everyone we're close with for a gigantic meet up!

Kukui: That's right! The more friends and family you're around with the more fun you'll have!

Ash: Sounds like a great idea!

Hau: Well lets get started! Lillie wants to introduce you to her family!

Ash: Oh, ermmm... SURE! Pikachu, why don't you play with Rowlett, Bounsweet, Popplio and Togedemaru?

The electric mouse nodded in agreement eager to chase after his friends, so Ash held out Rowlett's Pokeball releasing the Grass-type Pokemon from its temporary home allowing Pikachu and Rowlett to run off with the other Pokemon.

Lillie: Ash! Over here!

Surprised by her request, Ash quickly placed Rowlett's Pokeball back onto his belt, then headed over to where Lillie was standing with Hau by his side. As he approached his Alolan friend, two pairs of eyes scanned him as he gradually came closer. Standing behind Lillie was a boy the same age as Ash, his sharp green eyes stared the Kantonian down as Ash replied with an unsure smile.

Lillie: Ash, meet Gladion, my twin brother.

Ash: Nice to meet you, I presume you already know my name.