disconnected (h2oVanoss)

My phone rings.

I lazily turn over my side and open one of my eyes slightly. The warm sunray touches my face making me groan. I reach over and grab a hold of my phone and I turn it on. The screen goes white for a second and then my background pictured comes on. I look at the time and noticed it was around 10:38 in the morning. I looked at the notifications and noticed I've got a message.

I smiled softly at it and unlocked the screen.

I clicked on the notification taking me straight towards the message and I rub my eyes.

"Morning...." I read.

I typed the same thing and send it. Got up and put my phone down, my feet touching the cold wooden floor as I sit there for a second.

I've got up and walked to the restroom to do my business and brush my teeth. I wash my face with cold water and looked at my reflection in the mirror, seeing my hair got longer then I naturally have it.

I mess with it and leave it like that and walked out. A ding sound comes on and I hurry up to the phone. "How are you doing?" I read out loud.

I think for a second before answering, "Im doing fine, just woke up....how about you?" I typed.

I take my phone with me and let it fall and get lost in my large pockets that belong to my baggy sweats. I walk out and I struggled to scratch my back. I heard another ding but I ignore it and made my way to my quiet kitchen.

I saw a fluf ball poke his head thru one of the corners he was laying at and he makes his way towards me.

"Hi baby" I said and pet my small dog that happily rubbed his face all over my leg like a cat. "Weirdo" I teased and I pat my leg motioning for him to follow me.

We both walk to the kitchen and I poured him a nice bowl of wet food mixed with a dry one. He jumps around and I motioned him to sit with my hand and he sits his fluffy butt down waiting excitedly making a few whimper sounds.

I called his name and he looks up at me. "Okay go" I tell him and he attacks his food.

I chuckle and took out my phone. I click on the text and frowned. "Doing fine, a bit tired..."

"Did you get no sleep again?" I typed.

And in almost seconds I've got and answer, "I did, but not that much like I'd like too"

I hummed and typed, "What where you doing?"

I put the phone down on the counter and left it there and walked towards the fridge to take out the milk. I walked towards the area where I put my white dishes and I take out a bowl. I carefully put it down and as soon as I did that another notification happened.

I once again ignore it and continued making myself some cereal.

Another ding.

I sigh and ignored it.

Another ding.

I put down my bowl and walked towards my phone.

"This massage has been deleted by user" I've read twice.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

I waited for a minute and then it said, "Im sorry"

Confused I put three dots and then 'it's okay'

After that no response. 

Nervously I bite lip and liked my dry lips.

I sighed and decided to leave him alone for now. Maybe space is what he needed, but maybe not what he wanted. I always worry for him, but I can never give him my help or an advice.

I can only imagen how miserable he must feel but I'm just as bad as he is.

I found myself staring at the counter, thinking of him. I blinked a few times and I lowered my phones volume. I finish my food and I turn my back to the electronic and ignored it for the whole day.

-

It's been 2 days since I've texted him and his been blowing up my phone. I don't want to text, I don't want to talk to him or anyone for the matter. I wanted to be left alone, playing games by myself or catch up on doing other stuff but I can't, I always end up talking to him because I feel guilty and not only that, I love his attention, his company.

I love him in general.

I crawl on my bed and opened the text messages. I read all of his text and smile at every single one. Finally I texted a hey and waited for him to reply.

We talked once again like normal but I was a little off. I could feel it in myself.

"Are you okay?" I read.

I stare at the screen and gulped silently. I asked myself if I was okay and I felt myself wanting to type no but instead I placed a "Im fine, why?"

I sigh and rolled my eyes at myself.

-

Again I disconnected myself from him and the Internet. I lay in bed looking at the white wall that was next to my bed and I sigh. I heard my dog come in my room and I pick him up and he lays with me in bed.

I don't know why I do it but I think it's the best for both of us.

Breaks like this are nice sometimes, there good and stuff. I'm not a person that texts all the time but he is the only person that can get me into it. I could never text too long cause I would get bored but with him...it's different.

My phone rings and I grab it.

It was a call.....from him.

I quickly accepted the call and slowly brought it up to my ear.

I hold my breath and I heard an awkward cough buzz my ears.

"Umm....Evan?" He said to me.

"Y-yea?"

"You seem a little...Umm out of it.."

I let my breathe go and anxiety takes over me.

"I....."

"E-evan? You're cutting out"

"Jonathan"

"Evan!?"

............

Disconnected.....

-

Jonathan stays quiet and let's silent tears fall down his face. He could only hear the dead silent of the line cutting off.

"W-what happened...?" He asked quietly to himself as the phone falls to his lap.

He cried and cried until later he was told evan had died from a car accident. He wasn't laying in bed with his dog, he was driving intoxicated and drove off the high way and crashed onto a lake.

He disconnected and jonathan couldn't save him even if he wanted to.