Chapter 31

At 2:25am, Dan arrives home slightly drunk.

"Heeeeeeeeyy Y/N!" You close your notepad and put it down as Dan stumbles into the lounge.

"Hey Dan." You giggle as Dan falls over. You stand up and help him up.

"I'm okay!" He exclaims, leaning completely on you.

"Okay. It's bedtime, Howell." You help him get to his room and into his bed.

"Waiiit!" Dan shouts dramatically and grabs your wrist as you turn to leave.

"Yes?"

"Aren't you going to sleep here?"

"I have Phil's bed."

"Nana na na." He mocks you "I can't sleep without you. Please Y/NNNN."

You sigh and climb in beside him, even though your still wearing your everyday clothes.

You both lie in silence staring at the ceiling for a minute before Dan turns to face you and pokes your nose.

"Boop."

You giggle and cringe at the same time as you turn to face him "Hi Dan."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go for it."

"Can I be your boyfriend."

You pause for a second, looking for a sign that he's joking.

"You are drunk!" You laugh.

"Nooooo."

"Yeeeeeees."

"I liiike you"

"No you don't."

"You're right. I don't like you." Dan shuffles closer to you and places a hand on your cheek. "I love you."

Before you can say anything, Dan leans in and plants a kiss on your lips.

You pause for a second after Dan pulls away.

"Dan..." You then quietly laugh after noticing that he's fallen asleep.

............................................

The next day you're sitting at the table eating cereal when Dan walks in after having had a shower.

"You're eating cereal without me?!" Dan gasps as he ruffles his curly wet hair.

"Deal with it bitch."

Dan laughs and makes himself a bowl before plopping himself down across from you.

You stare up at him as he eats his cereal.

Did he really mean what he said to you last night?

Does he remember telling you anything last night?

How damn drunk was he?

You wonder if he really would want you to be his girlfriend.

"What do you want to do today?" Dan asks as he begins eating his cereal.

"Don't know. Aren't Ally and Rachel coming over?"

"Oh yeah. What time though?"