Chapter 46

February 3rd

7:45pm

You're lying in a heap of blankets on Dan's bed.

By now, you've moved onto the second last stage of grief.

Depression.

You've been in bed for the past two days, barely eating or drinking anything.
Just lying there.
Thinking.

"You sure you don't want anything, love?" Dan asks you.

"No." You mumble and shake your head.

"Okay well uh- You'll need to eat sometime today, cupcake. Please, even if you don't feel like it, at least try eating something. You haven't had anything to eat since last night." Dan sits on the bed beside you and offers you *insert your favourite food here* "I know it's your favourite."

"Dan I don't want-"

"Uh Y/N?" Phil enters the room.

"What?"

"There's some police officers that want to speak to you in the living room." He tells you.

"Ok." You sigh as Dan helps you up.

"Do you not want to change? I mean... You've been wearing those pyjamas for two days straight." Phil asks.

"I'm good. I just want to get this over with so I can go back to bed." You tell him as you make your way down to the living room.

"Hi. You're miss Y/F/N, I presume?" A tall man in a police uniform smiles at you as you sit down on the couch.

"Yes."

"Well, my name is detective James Duley, and these are my two co-workers. We've been working on the murder case of your friend and we have some information and questions for you."

"Should Phil and I go or...?" Dan questions.

"Oh, you can stay. This could be important for you to know as well." James tells them.

"So uh... What's going on?" You ask awkwardly.

"Well, we've got one suspect." James tells you.

"Great, who?" You ask.

"We'll get to that. First, may I ask you some questions?"

"Go for it."

"So, from autopsy reports, we have concluded that Ally was murdered at precisely 1:30 in the morning."

"Okay..."

"What were you doing at that time?"

"Uh... Sleeping."

"Where? In this flat I'm guessing."

"Yeah."

"When was the last time you had talked to Ally?"

"Like, the day before or something..?"

"And we've been informed that this contact was an argument. Is this correct?"

"Uh... Y-Yeah...."

"Okay. I've got one more question."