Chapter 78

8:16am

"Do you have to go?" Dan asks as you begin packing up your things.

"Yes, I do." You tell him.

"But whyyy?" He whines, rolling over to face you as you walk to the other side of the bed.

"Because I live there. And I think we've left Kelvin alone for long enough." You tell him.

"But why do you live theerreee?" Dan repeats in the same tone.

"Because that's where I go to university, dumbass."

"But you finished university." Dan rolls over once again as you go to the other side of the bed. "Why can't you move to London?"

"Cause it's expensive as fuck."

"Move in here."

"What?"

"I said move in here."

"I heard you... But don't you think it'll be a bit... Too soon?"

"We've known each other for almost a year."

"But we've only been dating for like... Six months or something."

"Hey, it was just a suggestion. If you think it's too soon then-"

"I don't know. I mean... Moving to London is something that I definitely need to do... And it would be easier to move into here rather than having to look for apartments and stuff... And I guess it would be great fun..." You sit on the foot of the bed as you think aloud.

"I mean, I wouldn't say that it's too soon for you guys." Alex says from the doorway. "It'll be too soon for us though." She looks up at Phil, who's standing behind her.

"Oh definitely." Phil nods his head in agreement.

"How long have you been eavesdropping?" You ask in a slightly fake, but extremely angry sounding tone.

"Not for long." Alex says, in a tone resembling a hint of guilt, probably taken aback by your tone.

"Oh my god did I actually sound angry there?" You laugh.

"Yes." Phil and Alex say in sync.

"Were you guys actually intimidated by her?" Dan chuckles.

"Well, I can be very intimidating." You say matter-of-factly.

"You're not intimidating at all." Dan tells you.

"Yes I am!" You argue.

You and Dan both stare at each other  intensely for a solid minute before Phil interrupts the silence.
"Should we go..?" He asks awkwardly.

"Do you guys think I'm intimidating?" You turn to face Alex and Phil.

"Not really." Phil shrugs.

"Well then... Alex, do you think I'm intimidating?"

"Yes... But I get intimidated by everything. Like that child who was throwing a temper tantrum yesterday at the park. She was terrifying." Alex says.

"You know what? Screw guys! I'm very intimidating!"

"Sure. Can you guys get out of my bedroom? I want to get dressed." Dan says.

"We've got to get to the train station anyway. Are you ready Y/N?" Alex asks you.

"Yeperdoodles!" You hold up the galaxy/totoro backpack that you brought for the two nights.

"Yeperdoodles?" Dan repeats.