Chapter 37

31st of December

You and Dan are in Dan's bedroom getting ready to go to Brighton for Zoe's party.

"All the girls are wearing dresses Y/N, are you sure you just want to wear jeans?" Dan asks as you do your makeup.

"I'm making a statement!" You proclaim as you do your mascara.

"You didn't bring a dress didn't you?" Dan stands behind you and checks his fringe in the mirror.

"Maybe." You smile, causing Dan to giggle and plant a kiss on your forehead.

"Are you guys almost ready?" Phil calls out from the hall.

"Five minutes!" You tell him as you try to decide which lipstick to wear.

Dan flops onto his bed and looks over at you. "Ten!"

You look back at him. "Five!"

"Ten!"

"Five!"

"Ten!"

"Five!"

"Ten!"

"Five!"

"Ten pounds."

"You're on."

You grab a stick of red/pink lipstick and speedily apply it before quickly brushing your hair.

You stand up and immediately fall over.

"You have the grace of a drunk manatee." Dan laughs.

"Shut up. I'm graceful as fuck." You get up and grab your shoes. "Done!"

"Six minutes." Dan gets up and holds out his hand. "Ten pounds."

"Ugh. I hate you." You reach into your purse and give Dan a ten pound note before taking hold of his hand.

"You love me."

...............................................................................

You, Dan and Phil arrive outside Zoe and Alfie's house at 10:30pm.

"Okay I'll um... I'll stand beside Phil... Hm... Unless that looks like we're trying to hide something..." You ponder where to stand as you wait for somebody to answer the door.

Dan grabs your arm and plops you in between him and Phil just before Zoe opens the door.

"There you guys are! We were beginning to think you weren't coming!" She hugs each of you before opening the door wider to allow you inside.

"Sorry for being to late, the train broke down." Dan explains.

"Hey girl!" Tyler rushes over and hugs you. "Where were you? You missed so much!"

"Like what?" You ask.

"We were playing strip poker!"