Chapter 33

You, Dan and Phil arrive home at the Phan flat at 11:11pm.

"I'm exhausted. I'm going to go to bed." Phil yawns and begins to walk back to his room, but stops and turns to you. "Wait. Where are you sleeping?"

"Fuck. I'll-I'll just sleep on the couch I guess." You shrug.

"You sure? Do you want the pull out bed?"

"Nah, it's okay."

"You one hundred percent sure? I feel bad for making you sleep on the sofa."

"It's one hundred percent okay."

"Okay. Night." He smiles at you. "Night Dan!"

Dan just rolls his eyes and waves sarcastically at Phil.

"You're still mad at me, aren't you?"

"Well nooooooo"

"Can you stop being such a jerk, Dan?"

"You're the jerk. You started an argument over some stupid house plants."

"Oh I'm the one starting arguments over stupid things?"

"Hey, you know what you did was wrong!"

You silently slip off to the kitchen as Dan and Phil start screaming at each other.

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?!"

"I've already told you. SORRY WON'T HELP!"

"THEN WHAT WILL HELP?!"

"IF YOU STOP BEING AN ASSHOLE!"

"I'M NOT BEING AN ASSHOLE! YOU ARE!"

"HEY, I'M NOT THE ONE WHO WENT BEHIND MY BEST FRIEND'S BACK!"

"WE WERE ALL DRUNK! Do you even care about keeping it calm in front of Y/N anymore?"

You hear Dan sigh. "I do."

Not long after that, he comes into the kitchen and sits on the counter beside you.

"Why are you two still arguing?" You ask as you rest your head on Dan's shoulder.

"I can't help but feel mad every time I see him. And when he's talking to you I just... Ugh. I feel like such a jealous bitch. I'm scared he takes you away from me, Cupcake." Dan rests his head on yours and traces circles on your back.

"Well he won't. You're the one that I'm with, Dan. I think you two should make up. It would be a step closer to us telling everybody."

"I guess you're right. But I just can't help it."

"You need to try. Please. I don't want to have to spend our entire relationship in secret. You and Phil's arguments is one of the things holding us back from telling people. Remember, Dan, I have always liked you. Ever since I saw you at the concert. The only time I've ever felt any attraction to anybody else in the time I've know you was on that one. Drunken. Night. I didn't even know who I was with. I probably thought it was you. I don't think I'd ever do anything like that otherwise. Please please please try and make up with Phil." You shuffle closer to Dan. "I don't want to be the reason two best friends are fighting. And I don't want something like that to a reason we can't tell anybody about us."

"You're right." Dan sighs. "I'll talk to him tomorrow."

"Thank you."