Chapter 86

"I swear every seat in this place keeps breaking. I bet it was him." Dan shakes his head as he pulls a shirt over himself.

"Maybe a giant bird flew in and broke it!" You suggest.

"Maybe a goblin crawled out of the fireplace and broke it." Dan says sarcastically, then laughs. "It was probably Phil. I'm gonna go check it out, you coming?"

"Guess I better." You sigh and follow Dan into the lounge, where Phil is standing, eating a bowl of cereal and staring at the broken couch.

"What the fuck happened?!" Dan asks, shocked that the couch is actually broken.

"I don't know." Phil shrugs and pokes his finger into one of the rips in the couch. "I think we need a new sofa."

"You think?" Dan rolls his eyes. "How on earth could this have happened?"

"Maybe someone broke in." You suggest.

"What, and just decided to mess up our couch?" Phil asks, shoving another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"I mean... Have you checked to make sure nothing's been stolen?" You ask.

"Yeah. Are you sure you guys didn't break it? Like, did you not have sex on it last night? That could've done it."

"Phil, I think we would remember creating that massacre." Dan says.

"I'm going back home." Alex announces from the doorway, making you jump a little. "So... Bye."

"Why are you going so damn early?" You question.

"It's uh... Something to do with Kelvin..." She tells you.

"What is it? Is he alright?" Slight panic grows in your voice.

"I... Don't know..." Alex admits. "They didn't tell me much about it on the phone..."

"What did they tell you?"

Alex sighs sadly, looks down, then back up with a fake smile on her face. "I'll see you guys later." She ignores your question and hugs Phil.

"Don't die on the trip." Phil tells her before pulling her into a kiss.

"I'll try not to." She smiles after they both pull away. "Bye guys!" She waves you a goodbye and exits the room.

"She didn't seem to notice the sofa." Dan says, slightly bewildered by the fact that Alex didn't even have a second glance at the carnage of the couch.

"Maybe she knows what happened to it." Phil says.

"Maybe it was you and her that had sex on it and created that!" Dan gasps.

"How could that happen to a couch just by having sex on it?" Phil shakes his head.

"You suggested it in the first place. Maybe if one was extremely kinky, one could do that to the couch." Dan shrugs.

"What do you think happened to Kelvin?" You begin to think aloud as you take a seat on the broken sofa. "Has he overdosed... Underdosed... Died..." You close your eyes and whisper. "Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead."

"I'm sure he's fine..." Dan places a hand on your shoulder.

"How are you 'sure' he's fine?" You look up at him. "That was definitely bad news!"

"Yeah, but it might just be minor-"

"Oh I DOUBT it's 'just minor'! I bet he's dead!" You grab Dan's arm and bury your face in it. "I don't want to loose another best friend."