Chapter 47

Dan's POV

"I'm telling you, Phil! She really confessed!" I tell an unconvinced Phil a couple minutes after I've arrived home.

"I- Are you sure, Dan?" He asks.

"I'm sure!" I sit down beside him on the sofa. "Do you not believe me?"

"It's just- I don't know if I can. You don't have any proof that she confessed..."

"Ph-Phil... But... She did... Why-Why don't you believe me?"

"Because... Well... It-Uh-It seems like you're not... Coping... Very well with Y/N being accused of murder and... Maybe... You're just looking for someone to place the blame on..."

"I'm not! Rachel really did it! Why can't you believe me? You know Rachel's a bad person! You know Y/N would never hurt anyone, never mind kill them!"

"Dan I'm just suggest-"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear anything you say! You fucking asshole!"

Phil stares at me for a second, a hurt look falling onto his face. He sighs and pushes past me.

I stand there for a second before turning around.

"Phil-" I call out, but get cut off by Phil slamming his bedroom door shut.

I sigh and sit back down on the sofa.

"Well that escalated quickly." I whisper to myself.

This whole situation is bullshit.
I've got to get to the police station and prove Y/N innocent before they tell the public that she's a murderer.

I jump up, grab my things and head off to the police station.

..................................................................

As I approach the police station, running for once, I see a familiar bitch heading the same way as me.

Rachel glances over at me and smirks as we both reach the entrance to the station.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well, they wanted to talk to me about the case. And I may or may not have some new 'evidence.'"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, let's just say that you shouldn't be surprised if they come banging your door down once again."

"Fuck off."

"Now, if you move, I should go get you arrested."

"No. If you move, I should go get the right person arrested."

"No way. I'm not going to jail!"

"Well neither am I! I didn't do anything!"

"Hm... Maybe we could work something out... You don't tell and I don't tell..."

"Piss off no."

"Well, in that case..." Rachel grabs hold of my arm and pushes me into the nearby bush. "Ta ta, Daniel." She waves at me before entering the police station.