Chapter 101

"I haven't fixed it in time!" You panic. Tomorrow is the day your first concert takes place, and you throat is still fucked up, although it is slightly getting better. "I can't start off a uk tour with a shitty first performance!"

"I don't know what to tell you... maybe you'll have a miraculous recovery?" Dan hands you a glass of water.

"Alright. I've got to get up early tomorrow for sound checks n shit. I'm not talking for the rest of the day." You announce.

"Sure you can do that?" Dan raises his eyebrows, to which you nod your head. "Hm... okay." Dan pulls his phone out of his pocket and begins to unlock it. "So, what time's Kelvin coming round?"

"Around three or- oh you bastard!" You slap Dan's arm after he proved how hard it will be for you not to talk.

"You can't even stay quiet for a minute!" He laughs and prods you annoyingly.

"Prick. I'm staying quiet starting now!" You cross your arms stubbornly and march off.

"Good luck!" Dan shouts smugly. "Is it me, you or both of us taking D/N out today?"

"I got a lot of work to do so I'd prefer if it was- fuck you!"

"Sorry I didn't quite catch that?" Dan chuckles as you raise your middle finger at him and shut the bedroom door behind you.

"Take the dog out bitch!"

............................................................

3:36pm

"She's much easier to be around when she doesn't talk." Kelvin leans back in his seat and takes a sip from his tea.

"I know right! I'm in love with the peace and quiet." Dan agrees. You flip each of them off and drink from your lukewarm cup of water. "So how's your life going Kelvin?"

"Pretty good. Been sober for a week. Got a pretty good therapist, who says that I'm not gonna have to take any medicine or shit for my condition... not that I'd be allowed to..." Kelvin takes another sip of tea. "And, y'know, aids still exists. I love my cat."

"Your cat scratched me like a thousand times! Screw it."

"It? That's my child you're talking about!"

"And it hates me so I have no problem talking shit about it."

"How would you feel if I talked about your asshole of a dog like that?"

"D/N hasn't done anything to hurt you though."

"Well... I do love D/N... but Waddles is better."

"I will fight you on this."

"Bring it on! Just cause you're taller than me doesn't mean I can't absolutely deck you."

"...True. I gotta go buy some food because someone ate it all." Dan looks at you judgmentally. You open your mouth to speak, but stop yourself and make angry gestures towards Dan instead. "Bye Kelvin." Dan smiles and stands up.

"Bye Dan." Kelvin waves as Dan exits the room.
There's a long moment of silence. Kelvin waits patiently, sipping his cup of tea. As soon as he hears Dan shut the front door behind him, Kelvin jumps into action.
"I've got to tell you the fucking tea." He leans forward and looks at you. "It's about Alex."