07.

"It's a private event, Harry. No photographers and no one without an invite. You'll be fine, okay?" Evelyn was using her condescending tone with him, and he felt frustrated and tired. He didn't want to be going to her work's holiday party. He wanted to be home, or with a certain spunky blonde.

Harry: I hope you have a wonderful night, doll. xx

She replied less than a minute later, and it brought a smile to his face.

Nora: Wherever you're going, I hope it's equally as wonderful, Harry.

Harry: Are you sure you can't get together tomorrow night?

Her reply wasn't instant, in fact it was almost five minutes later. But it certainly made Harry happy.

Nora: I'll see what I can do! I'd really like to see you before I leave..

"What's Grimmy saying?"

"Huh?" Harry was confused by Evelyn's inquiry.

"I assume you're chatting to Nick?"

"What?"

"You're all smiley. You and that goon of a man are always cheeky with each other."

"I'm...yeah. He's being a snide little prick." Harry lied, and felt obscenely guilty for it.

"I know that you won't want to spend the whole night holed up here...so just say hi to a few of my colleagues, have a drink and then you're free to go, okay?"

"No, it's fine."

"I'm serious. You're just going to be grumpy if you stay."

"Is that what you think?"

"It's what I know, darling."

"You just assume that I don't want to support you, or that I'll be a dick. I won't be. Jesus, Eve."

"Don't fight with me right now." She deadpanned back.

"You started it."

"What are we? Twelve? I simply stated the obvious. "It's been so long since you supported me in something like this. I've learned to expect much less." Harry hated this constant bickering. He hated it.

"Alright then, I suppose that's just the way tonight is going to go."

"I suppose so." She bit. He returned his attention to his phone screen and his thumbs typed rapidly against the glass.

Harry: Please do. xx And if not, I'll be coming to nyc very soon.

They pulled into the underground car park in utter silence. A huge part of Harry wanted to prove his girlfriend wrong. He wanted to stay and stick it out. He wanted to shove it in her face, that he did support her. The other part, however, wanted nothing more than to get in the car and rive. Just drive. "I think we need to have a discussion about our future." He found himself saying. She let out a vicious chortle and shook her head.

"Let's wait until after the night is over, yeah?"

"Sure."

"Let's go."

"I need a minute."

"Are you bloody serious? Jesus, fine. I'm going in, I'll see you inside." She slammed the door and Harry winced.

"FUCK!" He screamed. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" He slammed his hands against the steering wheel in a fit of rage, but exhaustion soon took over. He breathed heavily and ran his fingers through his hair. He was glad it had grown out more. He looked more like he did back in 2013, and it wasn't terrible. He wasn't sure the short hair quite fit him. Suddenly, fingers tapped on the window and he turned to see a familiar face. He smiled at her and stepped out of the car.