21.

It was Wednesday

It was Wednesday. Part of Nora wanted to be sad that Christmas was over, and that she was back in the city. The other part, however, was excited about seeing Harry, and well, being back in the city. That's always how it was. Whenever she was out of the city, she missed it, and when she was in the city, she wanted to get away. But the thought of seeing him only made her giddy and smiley. Everything else was irrelevant. He was on his way over to her place now, and she'd already gotten her apartment ready for their first night back together. Candles were lit, wine was ready and she had even splurged on chocolate covered strawberries. Harry's Christmas present was wrapped prettily on the counter and Maude and Magellan were purring on the couch. The knock, knock, knock on the door at ten o'clock had her grinning from ear to ear, and she hurried to the entryway. Opening it, her sweet boyfriend and his adorable dimples were smiling down at her.

"Nora, my beautiful Nora..." He picked her up by her waist and his mouth met her neck.

"My Harry!" Nora pulled away only enough so that she could press her lips to his. He carried them inside and furthered the kiss.

"Look at you..." He shook his head in disbelief as he looked at her face. "My goodness, I've missed you."

"I've missed you!" She smiled back at him. He let her down and they walked into the kitchen, hand in hand. "How was your Christmas, honey?" Nora began pouring them each a glass of wine as Harry stood behind her. His hands falling gently upon her hips as his chin nestled it's way into her neck.

"It was lovely...mum, Gemma and I spent pretty much the entire time baking and playing Scrabble." She handed him a glass. "How was yours?"

"Amazing. It was nice having everyone around, and Lola was in absolute heaven."

"I already know I'm going to love her. She is absolutely adorable."

"She loved you! Well, the first day, at least. She kind of forgot about your existence after the first few hours."

"Boo..." He said, faux frowning. "I suppose, I'll just have to remind her on Friday."

"I suppose so." Nora concurred. "Oh, hey..." She picked up the present.

"Merry Christmas, you." Harry put down his glass and reached into his coat pocket, pulling out an envelope.

"And merry Christmas to you, baby." She waited for him to unwrap the surprise, before opening her gift. His eyes lit up as he removed the tissue paper.

"This, I'll have you know, is the most selfish gift I've ever given someone." He laughed as his fingers gently lifted it out of the bag. The red lingerie set was something that probably should have been trashy, but he knew she'd look like an absolute angel in it.

"This is...the best selfish gift I've ever gotten." He put it down and kissed her firmly on the mouth. "Hands down, best gift."

"Well, I'm glad you like it." She carefully tore the side off the envelope and let the contents fall into her hand. One was a piece of card stock with his scrawl scribbled all over it.