31.

Nora rubbed at her tired eyes as Harry drove

Nora rubbed at her tired eyes as Harry drove. The sky was darkening with each passing moment and rain pattered against the windshield. "Are you sure you got everything you need?"

"Mhm." She sighs. "Two coats, three sweaters, some jeans and boots."

"There's a mall near my mum's house, so if you need anything while we're there, just let me know, yeah?"

"I will." Their day had been terribly long. At seven am, they flew out of Dubai and into London, which was a five hour flight. It wasn't until they stepped out of Gatwick that they realized they hadn't at all packed for winter in England. Harry had a good amount of clothes at his London home, but Nora had to go out and grab some necessities. So, factoring in the four hour time difference, it was half past six in London, but to Nora and Harry, it was half past nine and they'd both been awake for far too many hours. As Nora yawns, Harry moves his hand over to her knee and gently squeezes it.

"Baby, go to sleep. We've still got about three hours to go."

"I don't want you to be alone..."

"Nora, I'm fine." He chuckles. "I see it in your eyes, try and get some sleep, love." She curls her fingers around his and closes her eyes. The subdued hum of the road beneath the wheels and Harry's soft, almost inaudible singing lulls her to sleep within minutes.

===

She feels the car stop and then the motor shuts down. Nora opens her eyes to see Harry smiling at her. "Hi." He whispers.

"Hi..." His hand comes up and caresses her cheek.

"We're here, love." She looks around and sees the rather large home illuminated with light. "It looks like everyone's still awake..." Nora feels a sudden pang of nervousness at the thought of meeting his family, but then he reads her facial expression. "Nora, please don't be nervous, baby. They're going to love you." She simply nods.

"I know." Harry chuckles and leans across the middle console.

"I love you."

"I love you too." They climb out and Harry grabs their suitcases. Nora shivers as she follows him up the front steps and to the front door. She forgot how cold England can get. Harry uses his key to unlock the door and then they push their way through. She hears a faint 'who on earth' and then the woman she recognizes as his mother begins almost immediately crying.

"You..." He drops the luggage and wraps his arms protectively around her. "I told you to stay put!"

"I can't take the credit...Nora insisted we come." Anne lets go of her son and walks straight to Nora.

"Oh, darling!" She smiles as the crying woman embraces her. "Thank you, thank you so much." Her hands cup Nora's cold cheeks when she pulls out of the hug. "My goodness, look at you. As beautiful as a flower—oh, Nora, I'm so sorry we're meeting like this..you must think I'm a right bloody mess."