12.

Harry and Nora laid facing one another on her bed. They hadn't wasted any time when he'd first gotten in, tearing each other's clothes off like their lives depended on it. Now, they were spent and exhausted from their long days, so laying and gazing away was quite appealing to them. "You know...it's been kind of a shit year." Harry began, his fingers tracing the taut skin of her belly.

"Why?"

"Just...everything. The band sort of fell apart...all of us went our separate ways. I guess...I really just miss the way things used to be, and that hit me this year. My relationship began to crumble and I felt more alone than I ever have." Nora sat up and scooted closer to him, while he rolled onto his back, looking up at her as she leaned atop his chest. She brushed his hair away from his forehead and he twisted his fingers together with hers. "Lou's mum just passed and I'm whining about how I feel lonely...Jesus..."

"Hey...you're allowed to feel lonely, despite other tragedies. That's okay, Harry."

"I know, but I feel like I'm being selfish."

"You're not." Nora assured him, "Have you been there for Louis?"

"Of course, yeah. I think he's actually quite sick of me."

"You're actually a decent person, you know that? You're one of the good ones, and yes, you're allowed to feel shitty every once in a while."

"I don't feel shitty right now."

"Care to elaborate?"

"I used to smile all the time, like, I just felt happy. Throughout this year, I feel like I started to lose a really big part of myself. I smiled less and I did less with my time. The movie...that was a really great experience and I loved it, but then I'd come home and I'd be reminded that my girlfriend couldn't be bothered, and then I'd call one of my mates and they'd be, you know, busy...I guess that's what I mean, about the loneliness. It surrounded me and I let it pull me down and...and it made me into this bitter person..."

"You don't seem very bitter, Harry Styles." He placed their clasped hands over his heart.

"Do you remember the day we met?"

"You mean 72 hours ago?"

"No, no, no...the first time. With Zayn and Gigi."

"I remember that, yeah."

"Well, I googled you that night."

"Did you now?" Harry nodded as Nora smirked down at him.

"I did. I read up on you and I may have even stalked a bit..."

"Uh oh."

"I know, red flag, right?"

"Fuck yeah, that's a red flag!" Nora giggled and swung her legs over his torso.

"I saw you and...god, I dunno, Nora..." As he looked up at her, he struggled to find words that were good enough. "I saw you and I knew that you were going to be a severely important person in my life. I can't explain that to you...I wish I could, because then I might be able to understand it myself, but I can't." Harry sat up a bit, with her still perched cozily in his lap. "I...I suppose, I just needed to meet you." As he said the words, everything began to register, and he smiled. "All this time...I just needed to meet you." Nora was usually quite the jokester, but as she listened to him, she felt no humor. Nothing was funny, in fact, it was all very real. "I think that...had we not seen one another at Mahiki that night...I still would've found a way to run into you." He kissed her palm as she watched him. "This is real, Nora. You and me...I want this. I want you."

"It's all happened very suddenly, hasn't it?" She asked him, and he nodded.

"Yes, it has. And I know that it's a bit much...who I am and all...but I want this to work. I want to make it work, because I've felt happier the last few days, than I have in such a long time, and I don't want to go back to life before you."