89.

Friday, June 2nd 2023

6:30 A.M

The backside of his fingers caressed her cheek softly and they gazed at one another as they laid in bed. "I missed you so much." Harry chuckles and scoots closer to her.

"You've said that about a hundred times since I got home, my love..." Nora gasped.

"Do you want me to stop saying it?" Harry pulls her underneath his arm and buries his lips in her tangly hair.

"No!"

"Cause I will..." Her faux warning has him grinning from ear to ear.

"I don't want you to stop saying it...not ever." He kisses her neck now. "Never ever." As his lips travel up her jaw, her skin is overwhelmed by goosebumps. "Never, ever...never...ever, ever." As he slips his tongue into her mouth, she twists her fingers into his hair.

"You know what I realized?"

"What?"

"Since the day that we met...we've never gone that long without talking to each other. There hasn't been a day that I haven't talked to you, well, not since the night we officially met at Mahiki." His eyes took her in. "Thirty-one days..."

"They were the worst of my life...and not because of the treatment." His voice was raspy with sleep and she hadn't realized how much she missed that...the littlest things. "I felt like I was going to die without you...and to be honest with you, Nora...I'm not certain the withdrawals I was going through were caused by the absence of alcohol, or the absence of you."

"I'm going to guess the alcohol, but that's still kind of sweet." Although she was making light of what he'd said, he shakes his head.

"After I broke up with Evelyn—it was right when I came here from London, and you didn't know about her yet...she called me, freaking out and she said that it felt like her insides were filled with needles and glass..." Nora watched him, intently. "I didn't understand that until I was locked away from you. Knowing that I couldn't call you—that I couldn't hear your voice...it drove me absolutely mad and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I felt like I was going to die without you. I truly did."

"I did math yesterday." Harry's slightly confused, but he goes along with it.

"Yes, Nora, you are a teacher..."

"No, like...hard math. I did hard math."

"And what kind of math was that?"

"Two-thousand, three-hundred and sixty days..."

"That is a lot of days...so, I reckon thirty-one isn't actually too bad, in comparison."

"How'd you know that I was getting to that?" He smirks.

"Because, I've done the math too. Everyday, for the past seventy-seven months, I've been falling in love with you, over and over again...and this horrible stunt that I pulled, it's only made me realize how I never want to spend another minute without you. I just don't want to. I don't like it...I don't like anything about it. You're all I have ever wanted and I will make this mistake up to you—" Nora shushes him.

"No, stop...you already have."

"I don't care. I'll keep making it up to you, I'll keep making you happy. I'll never stop loving you and I will never stop trying to make our life the best that it can possibly be." Nora kisses him in response to this. No words could amount to her feelings. Just as they pull away, completely breathless, Nora's phone alarm goes off. "Oh my goodness, I forgot you have to work..."