08.

Harry had consumed a grotesque amount of bourbon by the time Evelyn got home. He was drunk, and frustrated and she was in no mood for his antics. "I'm done." He grumbled as she tossed her pocketbook on the kitchen counter.

"Don't say that."

"If I don't say it, we're just going to keep living like this. Hating each other."

"I don't hate you, Harry. How could you say that?"

"I can't do this anymore, Eve." She shook her head, fervently.

"Stop..."

"I'm losing my mind, okay? I'm going bloody insane and I'm not happy, Evelyn! I can't imagine that you're very happy either."

"I am...we're just, we're struggling right now, Harry. We can go to therapy or...I don't know. But we can't quit. Don't quit on me." He stood up and staggered. "You're drunk. We'll talk about this in the morning."

"I don't want to talk about it in the morning!" He yelled. "You treat me like I'm fucking daft...like I'm an incapable child."

"Harry, come on, let's go to bed."

"You're not listening, Eve. I don't love you anymore." Her body grew cold as his harsh words hit her. She didn't believe him.

"You're drunk." She stated, once more.

"Yeah, I am. But I've been feeling this way for longer than I'd like to admit. And I'm not proud of that, but I can't...I can't be with you anymore, Evelyn."

"So three years, down the drain? Three fucking years of me standing by your side and accepting the hateful commentary from your fans and the media, loving you through everything...you're just done? You're leaving me?"

"It's been a long time coming."

"Not for me! I mean, I know things have been rocky, but I never expected this."

"I'm going to stay at Nick's tonight."

"Harry, please don't leave! Just stay. We'll figure everything out in the morning, okay? We'll fix things, I'll fix things!"

"Don't make this harder, Eve. Please."

"I'm not just going to stand here and let you walk out on the three years we've been together. I can't, Harry."

"I'll be back in the morning."

"Please, don't leave!" She grabbed at his arm, trying to pull him back. "You'e drunk and upset, I get that..."

"No, you don't! Please, just let me leave. I called for a car. I can't be here right now." Evelyn started crying as the realization hit her. As the reality of him leaving, hit her.

"Oh my god..." She sunk down against the kitchen cabinet and cried into her hands. Harry stood there for a minute, feeling guilty, but knowing he had to leave before he talked himself out of it. He grabbed his wallet, phone and house keys before walking quietly out of the icy mansion that he'd been residing in for far too long.

===

Nora slipped her heels off and pulled her sheer tights down her legs. The night had been great, even after Harry left, but she still felt strange. A part of her wished she'd gone with him, but another part, the smarter part, was saying the opposite. She'd always been very strong when it came to men. Nora was her own person. She was independent and content on her own, The feminist in her screamed against the idea of him. She didn't need that kind of attention, the wrong attention from all of his followers, as well as the media. However, the littler part wanted Harry far too much, and it outweighed any other feelings.