34.

Please don't hate me for how short this chapter is! 

===

It's half past twelve when Harry quietly turns the key in Nora's front door, unlocking it

It's half past twelve when Harry quietly turns the key in Nora's front door, unlocking it. He expects her to be passed out in bed, but when he walks in, the lights are still on and Nora is sitting up in bed, eyes glued to her laptop. When she looks up and sees him, she pats the empty space next her, the space he normally occupies. She closes her computer and as soon as he's beside her, she wraps her arms around him.

"I'm so sorry that I had you leave."

"I forgive you."

"You're not even going to make me work for it?" She sits up and shakes her head.

"Life is too short. I don't want to be mad at you. I shouldn't be mad at you. You dealt with the situation the way that you knew how and just because I didn't like, doesn't give me the right to be angry at you." Harry is completely in awe of the beautiful girl sitting in front of him.

"I don't deserve you."

"Yes you do."

"No, Nora, I don't. You're far too good."

"How'd it go with Evelyn?" He shrugs.

"I don't know what I was expecting, but not very well. She's angry and—well, I suppose she has a right to be mad at me, but not at you."

"She's mad at me?"

"I tried to explain to her that you had absolutely nothing to do with our break-up, but she wouldn't have it."

"She's just hurting, you have to give her time." Harry brings her hands to his lips and kisses them.

"What are you doing up?"

"My mom has cancer." He sits up, a look of fear and concern adorning his face.

"What?"

"Ovarian cancer, stage three." She states, blankly. "She starts chemo on Thursday."

"Nora, I...baby, I'm sorry."

"She's gonna be fine. I know she will be...you don't know her—how strong she is. She'll get though this." He nods, gently and then pulls her into him.

"I don't doubt that for a second." Simply being in his arms calms her down, she takes a few deep breaths and buries her face in his sweatshirt.

"I hate cancer." He nods, "It's so fucking terrifying and unfair."

"I know, baby."

"It's Fallopian Tube Carcinoma and the survival rate for stage three is 52%. I read up on it, and it starts as one tumor, but it can spread really quickly. That's why she's in stage three. It spread."

"But the chemo should help."

"Yeah. It has to."

"It will."

"I'm so glad you're back. I really just...I really needed you tonight."

"I left right after the memorial." He says into her hair, "I wanted to get back to you."

"I need to ask you something..."

"Anything, my love."

"My mom will be seeing her oncologist three days a week and he's here in the city, so she and my dad are going to stay at my place...which means I need to stay with you..."

"Of course, Nora. Why would you think you even had to ask?"

"Because, that's kind of, in a way...me moving in with you. Temporarily, at least."

"I love you. My home is yours, okay? Always."

"Thank you."

"Can I kiss you, please?" She sits up. "It's been far too long."

"I'd be mad if you didn't." Harry pulls her into his lap and presses his mouth to hers.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, Har." She laughs. "Look at us, a bunch of pussies...we were apart for like...a fucking day."

"Nora, I hate the word pussy, you know this."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He kisses her again.

"You're forgiven, angel. I'm going to go wash up...are you ready for bed?" She nods and rolls off of him.

"Mhm. Hurry up though, I need to snuggle with you."

"I'll be quick, I promise." He winks before heading to her bathroom. Nora climbs underneath the covers and gets cozy while she waits for him. After he's done in the bathroom, he walks around the apartment and turns the lights off before finally squeezing into bed with her. She immediately cuddles up against his side and he pulls her even closer.

"I love you, Harry Styles."

"And I love you, more than anything."