35.

Harry ignores the looks he was getting as he walks into the oncology center and he heads straight for room six

Harry ignores the looks he was getting as he walks into the oncology center and he heads straight for room six. Samantha's face lights up when she sees him. Her chemo machine hummed, and as always, Harry did his best to ignore the dull and dreary sound. He hands Nora's mother the to-go cup and she sniffs it. "What have you brought me today?"

"I read about this Japanese tea, it's supposed to help with chemo. Keeps the nausea at bay..." Samantha takes a small sip.

"It's got a nice herbal taste to it." She takes another sip, this time a longer one. "Thank you, Harry."

"It's my pleasure, Samantha."

"Where's Nora today?"

"Yet another VS shoot. It's all she's been doing lately, which I suppose is good."

"You don't sound too thrilled for her."

"No, no, I absolutely am. I'm so proud of her...but she's already canceled two other shoots with Urban Outfitters and Maybelline to book more Victoria's Secret. I just don't want her putting all her eggs into one basket, you know?"

"Oh, I agree. I think she's just excited though."

"I know she is, and I'm with her...I'm her partner, I'll support her no matter what, but I've got a few friends who've shot with them and they've been a bit screwed—I'm not saying Nora doesn't have what it takes, I mean, Christ, she does. She's so beautiful and talented, but they're a large corporation who have models completely at their disposal. I don't want her to be let down."

"You're good for her, Harry. I think you keep her grounded." He chuckles.

"I think we both keep each other grounded. She's good for me."

"Nora is...she's as stubborn as they come. She'll be alright, you just have to be, as you said, her partner. Her equal. Be her best friend and her confidante and I promise you, you'll both be just fine." Harry nods and smiles softly, "Have you told her yet?"

"No...I know I should. And I know she won't be angry or upset even..."

"Harry, you've been coming to every one of my chemo sessions for the past two months. You bring me things like this tea and you sit and talk to me, and I can't tell you how much that means to me, but you have to tell Nora."

"She's just...I think it's really hard for her. I know she wants to be here, but she's scared. She hasn't said that exactly, but I know her. She's terrified of losing you, and I don't want her to think that I'm—I dunno, trying to overstep any boundaries or something."

"Well, I think that if she knows how much I appreciate it, she'll be happy."

"I think so too." Harry sighs, "So, how's the new medicine? Are feeling alright on it?"

"I'm nauseous more, it gives me headaches, but it seems to be working—at least that's what they're telling me."

"Are you afraid, Samantha?"