58.

Monday, June 17th, 2018

Harry pokes his head through the door, a cheeky, dimply smile painted on his pink lips

Harry pokes his head through the door, a cheeky, dimply smile painted on his pink lips. "Close your eyes, please."

"Shh! Do not be loud, they'll wake up!"

"Well, close your eyes and I will be!" She giggles softly and follows his orders.

"Alright, they're closed." She hears his footsteps grow closer, and then she feels the bed weigh down on his side.

"You may open them." She slowly does so and when she sees what's in his hand, she grins at the sweet and thoughtful boy.

" She slowly does so and when she sees what's in his hand, she grins at the sweet and thoughtful boy

"You..." The cupcake with one single candle in it was actually rather adorable. "How'd you learn how to do this?"

"I used to bake things, Nora! You know, before the music thing."

"It's beautiful."

"I'm quite sure it tastes good too." He knows this day, one year prior, was the worst day—well, night—of her life. She lost her mother and he was determined to make her feel nothing but happiness. "Make a wish, angel." She cuddles into him and, once again, closes her eyes. She waits a few seconds and then she blows out the candle. "Did you make a good one?"

"I think so, yeah." He leans back against the pillow and she leans further into him.

"I know you didn't want to do anything today, but we had a pretty good day, yeah?"

"It was the best day." Upon waking up and seeing the rain pelting against the windows, as it was predicted for the rest of the week, they decided that staying in and being cozy with the babies would be ideal. Nora also had made it clear that she didn't want any gifts. "Thank you, for trying to keep my mind off of my mom."

"I didn't want you to forget about her today, but I just...I just wanted you to be happy. That's all I want, Nora."

"I was happy—I am happy. You've always made me happy and I really appreciate you for that." He kisses her.

"I can't believe my girl is twenty-four." He smirks, "The big two-four."

"You're twenty-four too."

"I am. But you're like...my little girl."

"Creepy." She bursts into laughter.

"No! You know what I mean!" He chuckles, "You're a bit younger than me. I was twenty-four and you were twenty-three, now we're the same age, sort of."

"Big fucking deal, Harry! You're five and a half months older!"

"I like being older."

"Why?" She asks, settling into him.

"Just...s'cause I like taking care of you. I like being a few months older...I know that sounds a bit strange, but it would be weird if you were older than me. I'd feel like the baby or something."

"You're a weird boy." she sighs, "But I do know kind of what you mean. I'm the baby in my family, so my parents always treated me like the baby, but I got away with a lot more than Lara and Nick got away with. But I got a lot of attention growing up, I think they were scared that since I was their last, they wouldn't get the chance to do things. So I did ballet and my mom was really into me doing it, when I started modeling, they paid for everything. I went to a different school than Lara and Nick, who just went to Port Jeff High, I got the boarding school in upstate, ya know?"

"Is that a good thing? Or did you not like it?"

"No, it was a great thing, and you can bet your sweet ass I enjoyed all that attention."

"You do like attention, don't you?"

"I do." She looks up at him and turns over in his lap. "Especially from you."

"I certainly enjoy giving you attention." His hands sneak up her waist and underneath her—his t-shirt. But just as she goes in for a kiss, the sound of a baby's cry sounded from just down the hall. As soon as one of them began to cry, both of them began to cry. Nora groaned, put the cupcake on the bedside table and crawled off of Harry's lap.

"I am so not finished with you, Harold." He held her waist as he followed her into the nursery.

"I'm not finished with you either, birthday girl." She pushed her way into the dimly lit room and both children were practically screaming. Nora picked Rosie up and Harry picked Peter up and they both sat in the two chairs, facing one another. "Hi pal..." Harry said, softly as he looked down at his son, who was beginning to quiet down. "You know, one day, you're going to be with a girl and you're going to feel really good, but then something will interrupt you, and you're gonna know exactly how dad feels right now."

"Harry!" Nora scolded quietly as she rocked Rosie

"Harry!" Nora scolded quietly as she rocked Rosie. "Pig." He just grinned at her, which in turn, made Nora almost smile. Harry turned back to Peter and began singing to him quietly, and Nora cooed and hummed at Rosie. It took a while for them to fall asleep, but finally, they did. They carefully placed them back in their cribs and then tiptoed out of the room. Harry closed the door as gently as he could and then he grinned down at her.

"Hi." She points down the hall to their room and mouths the word bedroom now. Once they're safely behind their closed door, she keeps him at arm's length.

"Promise me, you won't look at my scar and my stretch marks?"

"Nora..." He groans, because she has worked out every day since Dr. Ghausi gave her the okay. Well, she called his office everyday after her four days in the hospital, asking when she could exercise. He finally gave in a few days later, saying light workouts only. She'd pushed it only a little, but the C-section had definitely helped with the extra skin. "You are my perfect, perfect girl. I don't care about stretch marks or scars...you are perfect to me, Nora." He cracks another smile. "I think I just quoted a One Direction song, but it's true."

"Alright, you sap." She giggles, "Quoting your own music." He wraps an arm around her.

"Do you still love me?"

"More than ever, Harry."