103.

Nora.

"Has he got any idea then?" I shake my head and bite my thumb

"Of course not...he's too wrapped up in my gift. It's all he's been focusing on."

"Oh, my sweet boy." Anne laughs. "And he has no clue that you know, does he?"

"I'm as dumb as a doormat, as far as he's concerned."

"Bless his soul." The wood creaks outside our bedroom and then the door opens.

"Speak of the angel himself..." I hum, smiling at him and Iris as they creep into the room. Anne, I mouth silently, to which he nods.

"Hi mum—say hi to Grandma, baby.."

"Hi Gamma." She says just as I put the call on speaker.

"Hello, sweet girl. How's my Iris?"

"Good!" Harry's grinning down at her and it's something I'll never tire of.

"How are things going, mum?"

"They're going alright...you know me, I'm just fine."

"Well, we can't wait to see you. It's all the kids have been talking about."

"Oh, I can't wait to see all of you. Ten days is far too many days, if you ask me."

"They'll fly by mum...they always do."

"Oh, I know." She sighs, and I can hear the hint of sadness in her words. She's been so lonely since Robin passed. "When did you become so wise, darling?" Harry's dimples appear as he smiles, sheepishly.

"I don't know."

"Oh! The mail is here! I've got quite a lot of packages coming...I love you, give Rosie and Peter hugs and kisses for me, will you?"

"We will." I answer. "Love you, Anne."

"Love you, mum."

"Bye Gamma!" Iris shouts in before we hang up. Harry takes my phone from my hand and gently tosses it on the bed, then he envelops my waist with his free arm. I smile into his mouth as I've done millions of times, though it's always different. Somehow, it always feels new, like it's the first time I'm kissing him. I can't help but feel so much excitement about his gift. We certainly need it, time away.

"Can we talk, please?" He asks. I run my palm down his chest as his eyes flash down to my lips and then back up to my eyes.

"We can always talk." Iris, perfectly timed, wriggles in his arms and he lets her down. We both watch her little feet take her from our room. "Talk, mister." His palm is warm against my cheek.

"I'm about to ask something...that I've never, ever asked you in our lives together."

"No butt stuff, honey. Sorry." I tease him and his dimples deepen.

"That...is a conversation for an entirely different time, darling." I bite my cheek, holding my grin back. "Oh, Nora...I don't know what to do about your gift, baby. This is the first time I've ever been completely...stuck." I let my fingers move back up to cup his neck.

"Harry, you are perfect in every way. Every year you've given me perfect gift after perfect gift. You don't have to get it right all the time."

"But it's you, Nor. You deserve the best gift that I could possibly give you."

"You are the best gift that I could possibly be given."

"I won't accept that as your gift."

"Then what will you accept as my gift?" He sighs and bends down to meet my eye level.

"Where do you want to go?"

"What?"

"Where in the world do you want to go? Where can I take you?"

"No, no, no!" My head falls back in mock frustration. "You can't take me somewhere."

"And why not?" He puts his hands on his glorious hips.

"Because."

"Because why, Nora?"

"Just get me something else."

"I want to take you somewhere. You deserve a vacation."

"So do you." He begins to smirk.

"Why can't I take you somewhere?"

"Because, I'm already taking you somewhere! You Christmas-ruiner!"

"What?!" He feigns shock and it's far too cute.

"I hate you." I say, rolling my eyes and turning away. He chuckles before pulling me back.

"Come here, you..." His lips tickle my neck. "Where are you taking me, baby?"

"I'm not telling you."

"Nooora." He whines. "Please, just tell me!"

"No! You suck, this was supposed to be a surprise and you ruined it."

"I'm sorry!" I hate that his laugh makes me so happy, forgetting any annoyance. "I love you, please tell me." I eye him, though it's impossible not to give in.

"Tulum, you shit-head."

"Ay, caramba!" His hips shake and he spins me around, making me giggle uncontrollably.

"You are such a dork!"

"No kids?"

"No kids. We're leaving from England and your mom is going to fly back here with them."

"Ahhh, so she's in on it, huh?"

"Of course she is." He kisses each of my palms.

"Well, I better go catch up on my sexy Spanish sayings...need to blow your mind now."

"And figure out my gift."

"I already have." He winks as he heads out of our room. "Bum stuff." I throw a pillow from our bed and it hits him, making him chuckle like the cheeky boy that he is.

" I throw a pillow from our bed and it hits him, making him chuckle like the cheeky boy that he is