85.

Sunday, April 30th 2023

Harry had been downstairs in the basement recording room, and Nora was feeling frustrated and out of touch

Harry had been downstairs in the basement recording room, and Nora was feeling frustrated and out of touch. He had grown unsettlingly distant; burying himself in his work, Nora knew he was drinking more. However, she was worried above all else. She just wanted her Harry back. Peter's socks made a soft sliding sound as he scuffled across the wood floor. Nora was watering her plants on the back patio when he poked his head out. "Mummy, Rosie keeps breaking my Lego ships."

"Oh, that is not very nice...where's María?" He shrugs, just as tears slip from his pretty blue eyes. Nora puts her watering can on the ground and bends down, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "Baby, you're okay...come on, let's go and have a chat with your sister." As she closes the screen door behind her, a sudden and sharp pain shoots through her belly. She winces, her breath hissing as her palm grasped her bump.

"Mummy?" Peter asks, worriedly, "What's wrong?" She tries to remain calm in his presence.

"You know what, baby...why don't you run upstairs, I'm going to talk to daddy for a minute." Peter looks entirely freaked out, but hesitantly, he does as she says and runs away from her. Once again, more cramps surge through her and she falls to the ground. Crawling the rest of the way, she struggles to reach the basement door handle, finally she does so and she tugs it open. Her breathing is ragged and she clutches her tummy. "Harry!" She calls, though the music coming from down below is rather loud. "Harry!" More lengthy seconds pass and she grows increasingly more upset, and more in pain. She manages to raise her voice, loudening her shouts. As she does so, she crushes her fist, multiple times, against the basement wall. "Harry!" Bang. Bang. Bang. Finally, the music halts and she's able to lower her tone. "Harry, please come quick!" His footsteps are instant and he's running up the stairs. It's not until he's steps away from the top, does he spot her.