72.

7:45 P.M — Nora

I stood at the bathroom sink, washing the makeup off my face, while Harry tucked the kids into bed

I stood at the bathroom sink, washing the makeup off my face, while Harry tucked the kids into bed. We switched off reading to them every night, and once they were sleepy enough, the other'd go and kiss them goodnight. Tonight, it was Harry's turn, so I took the opportunity to get ready for bed. I brushed my teeth and spritzed my rose-aloe spray on my newly bare and freshly washed skin, just as he sauntered into the room. His palm glided across my bum before he stopped at his side of the sink.

"They're about to fall asleep, Nor." I nod.

"Okay. I'll be right back." As I walk into their room, Peter sits up first. I kneel down beside his bed. "You better lay back down and close those eyes, sleepy boy."

"Have I been good this year?" I smooth his hair back and away from his face.

"You...have been the best little five year old in this whole city."

"So, will Santa bring me presents?"

"I think that you're going to be pretty happy on Christmas morning." He smiles a half-toothless grin.

"Really?" I kiss his nose, his cheeks and his forehead.

"Go to sleep, handsome." I kiss him once more. "I love you."

"Love you, mummy." I get up and walk over to Rosie's bed. She's now, clearly, wide awake.

"You, my sweet girl, need to go to sleep

"You, my sweet girl, need to go to sleep."

"I'm not tired."

"Rosie, honey..."

"Can't I sleep with you?"

"You have to try and sleep in your own bed tonight, okay?"

"Mummy..."

"Rosie..."

"Fine." She crosses her arms. "But if I have a bad dream, I'm gonna sleep with you and daddy."

"That's fair." I say. "Come here, give me a hug." She crawls into my lap and wraps her arms around my neck. "I love you, angel."

"I love you too, mummy."