22.

I'm so sorry it's been SO long. The last few months have been difficult! But, alas, here is chapter 22! Enjoy xo.

 The last few months have been difficult! But, alas, here is chapter 22! Enjoy xo

Nora's smile was real and it was permanently plastered across her face. She stood on one side of the kitchen's island, while Harry stood on the other. Lola was next to him, standing on a stool and they were making the icing for the cupcakes. Her mother's hip bump broke her out of her admiring daze, and when she looked up at her, Samantha was smiling. She mouthed the words I like him and Nora felt nothing but happiness. How had this happened? How had she gotten so lucky? It was New Year's Eve and already, Harry may as well have been a member of the Dodson family. Her dad liked him, her siblings loved him and her mother seemed to adore him. Lola was probably in love with him and he was so sweet and so good to her. Nora felt as though life couldn't get any better. "That icing needs to be more silver!" She playfully criticized her boyfriend and niece.

"Nora, come here..." Harry said. Samantha took over Nora's batter-into-oven job while she walked over to the other side of the island.

"Yes, dear?" He put a finger with icing in front of her.

"Will you please try our icing?" Just as she went to indulge the grayish dollop on his index finger, he smushed it onto her nose, making Lola burst into uncontrollable giggles. Nora gasped as Harry chuckled with the four year old. She stuck her finger deep into the bowl and scraped out a large chunk. Before Harry even knew what hit him, he had icing spread across his cheeks and upper lip.

"Look Lo, Harry has an icing mustache!" Lola's giggles grew louder and more contagious. While she was busy squealing, Harry used his clean hand to pull Nora's waist in. His warm kiss left her with equally adorable icing facial hair and she didn't even care anymore.

"Aw, love...you've got a bit of something on your face..."

"My face is my job...if I break out, I'm blaming you." Harry kissed her again, grinning happily.

"Your face is perfect, doll." He mused, sweetly. Samantha laughed quietly and admired the happy smile adorning her youngest daughter's face. Harry then turned to her, "Sorry about the mess, Samantha."

"Oh stop it, Harry. We're making cupcakes, messes are a given. As long as I'm not involved in this icing attack, I'm happy."

"We should go wash this off our faces." Nora finally says, her giggles dying down. "Momma, will you help Lo while we're gone?"

"I think I can do that."